Chapter Twenty-Eight: Ariel

"And it was all because I didn't shave my legs," Porter finished.

"So he broke up with you for that?" Maggie exclaimed.

"Yes that's right and I told him not to let the door hit him on the way out," she chuckled.

"She still cried for a solid week," Winnie chuckled.

"It was middle school. Everyone was really sensitive," she defended.

"That's why I'm so glad my hairs blonde. You could never see it that well," Sunny chuckled.

"We all have weird stories like that don't we," I smiled from my spot in between Sunny and Zaylee.

We were all in my room seated on my bed sharing stories. The guys were downstairs in front of the television but we'd be joining them shortly. We hadn't been back from the party long. Alec and Mom were spending their evening out at dinner and I wasn't expecting them until later.

The events of the night wouldn't leave my mind for some time just as I didn't think I'd get the feel of Miles's lips off me either. Or Adam's phone call. Why would they want me to explain what he and Zayn meant to me by phone? I'd found out pretty quickly Adam was the one behind that but it didn't make it any less awkward. He'd put me on speakerphone because of course, he had so everyone could hear me. Once that had mercifully ended we helped Nick clean.

Poor guy complained about how big his house was but you could tell it was all worht it to him if it meant he'd had a good party and everyone present had a good time. So he was pleased at least. I just didn't think Porter had been as impressed with it as he hoped she would be.

"So you and Nick," Winnie smirked.

"You do realize you just used my name and his in the same sentence?" she raised an eyebrow."

"Yes, I did. I'm seeing some tension there."

"No tension he just reminds me of our brothers which isn't a good thing."

"He's a great guy really. I should have been better to him when we dated," Sunny offered.

"Now you're with Reggie," Winnie mused.

"It's so strange to think about really. He and I had been friends for years and never thought about anything else. He dated Ariel after all and never showed interest in me. I guess once we started dating we realized it. It's like a light switch went off in our heads. Cue our drunken mistake at a party and here we are. In our case it worked out better then it should have."

"I'm glad it did," I promised putting my hand over hers.

"Thanks, Aris," she smiled.

"So maybe it's time for Porter to make a drunken mistake then," Maggie chuckled.

"I'd pay money to see that one," Winnie giggled.

"Oh no drunken mistake for me. Too responsible for that."

"Yeah you need to lighten up," her sister continued.

"He does seem like a nice guy and he's cute too," Zaylee offered.

"Sure but the dude basically told me tonight his goal in life is throwing parties. That hardly sounds ambitious or very responsible. I'm too serious for all that," she mused.

"You never know. There might be some sparks down the line and maybe they already are," Maggie smiled.

"True and Nick's parents are never around. He throws these parties and he feels like they have to be better each time even though it's so impossible. It's like that's the one way he feels happy and important. It means a lot to him when he sees everyone else having a good time and knowing he's responsible for that," I explained hoping to change her mind about him.