30. all eyes on me

one of the best things about new york, you could say, was its night life. jennie was currently experiencing this first hand, after her date for the night had taken her to one of the most known clubs in the city. the name of it she couldn't even pronounce, some obscure french phrase.

the cat-eyed influencer took back another drink and hiccuped at what her date had said. his name, she honestly couldn't remember. a disgusting smirk had grown on his face but she was too inebriated to even notice.

needless to say she was enjoying herself. or so her intoxicated mind made her think.

from a distance, yoongi eyed jennie and her date. way before they had even reached the city, namjoon had already told them all about what's in new york city. in the end they decided that they would eat somewhere nice for lunch, get pizza for dinner, and get completely wasted afterwards. so there they were; jimin and hoseok ripping up the dance floor, namjoon supervising over everyone, jungkook taking selfies to send to lisa, jin eating his burger with a beer, and yoongi, on his phone in the corner. taehyung had chosen to steer cleer of alcohol for the rest of the trip, much to the boys' confusion. he said something about wanting to avoid the bad things that came along with being drunk. what those things might have been was beyond any of the boys.

he had spotted them from a distance about an hour and a half ago, and he had kept eyeing them ever since. in his mind, he thought, what the hell is a girl like jennie doing with a sleazebag like him?

and when sir-smirks-a-lot had taken jennie, who was obviously out of it, yoongi stood up from his seat, and stomped his way over there.

"come on, let's go to my room, huh?" the dude sneered, licking his lips while he slung jennie's arm over his shoulder as the girl muttered incoherent sentences in a hush.

"hey," yoongi stopped him in his tracks, putting a hand to his shoulder to keep him in place. "she won't be going anywhere with you, okay?" he gave him a polite smile and moved to get jennie away from him. "i'll take it from here, pal."

"woah, woah, who the hell are you?" confusion stirred in the dude's face. yoongi rolled his eyes and grabbed jennie's arms.

"yah, jin hyung, i need back up!" he yelled and immediately jin, still chewing a bite of his burger in his mouth, came to his side, along with the rest of his friends. the eldest immediately assessed the situation and held the guy back. "hey, where the hell are you going with my date?!" the dude screamed as yoongi whisked jennie away.

"hey, jennie? you okay?" he whispered, letting the girl lean into his side. in response, she only mumbled something he couldn't decipher.

he brought her back to their table and snapped his fingers at namjoon before putting her into a seat. "water, water."

"loud. why is it so loud?" jennie finally groaned out, pouting at her surroundings. "here, have some water." he offered, putting the bottle to her lips.

the boy watched solemnly as jennie drank hungrily from the evian liter. he turned to jungkook. "yah, text lisa and tell her to help me get jennie to her room."

the youngest watched on with doe eyes and nodded vigorously, putting his phone to his ear after punching in lisa's contact. and then, after a few seconds-

"lisa said she'll be waiting outside the ship, hyung!"

with a sigh, yoongi crouched in front of jennie's seat and held his arms out for her to grab. "hop on, let's go. i'll take you to your room so you can rest, huh? how does that sound? nice and quiet." he suggested.

realizing she was way too drunk to have any full thoughts, he guided her into the piggyback and led her outside the club.

"wherrrre are we going?" she said with a giggle.

"you'll see. just hold on tight for me, okay? can you do that?"

he felt jennie nod her head sleepily. she snared her arms tighter around his chest and rested her head on his back, her eyelids threatening to shut close in exhaustion.

SPEAKING:
🥰