Chapter 6: I NOTICE YOU

Audio titled: COFFEE

Chapter
VI
I Notice You
('I want you' Looks)

***

Zhang Qi Ling still hadn't figured out if it was out of pure curiosity or teenage hormone but he was drawn to the strange girl whom he had locked eyes with. And what a heart stopping color they were.

"You're more abnormally quiet than usual, Yaba Zhang," Hei Xia Zi commented suddenly from the passenger side of the car.

Zhang Qi Ling didn't spare a glance or reply to his comment, the two of them finally having set off towards school.

"Is it because we were at the school for so long? Don't be angry Yaba Zhang, didn't mean to keep you..." Hei Xia Zi said lightly, knowing his tone of voice may cause Zhang Qi Ling to ignore him again.

"They were starting to bother me..." The teens replied.

"I said I didn't mean too. Jeez. You could have left."

"..." Zhang Qi Ling ignored him and focused on the road.

"Despite my wonderful conversation," Hei Xia Zi continued on leisurely, "I noticed you staring."

Zhang Qi Ling stopped the car over to the side of the road causing for the car behind him to swerve dangerously, "Get out," he whispered.

"I was just saying."

Zhang Qi Ling gave him his infamous death stare.

"It was the clumsy girl who wouldn't stand on her own two feet. Who knew you liked clumsy cute girls." Hei Xia Zi added quickly sending Zhang Qi Ling into raging state.

***

Wu Xie walked beside Ah Ning towards their first class. This time, he wasn't quite sure if it was due to his shoes or his crush walking beside him talking to him wildly. All Wu Xie could do though, while Ah Ning talked up a storm—was nod dumbly and hum in false shock and interest.

"Still shy and worried?" Ah Ning suddenly questioned, finally catching on the one-sidedness in the conversation.

Wu Xie gave the girl a weak smile with a small little nod, "I guess. It's hard moving."
Ah Ning gave him a sympathetic look not catching the double sided meaning to his sentence, "I know what you mean. I was worried when I moved here too. The hardest part was leaving everyone behind."

Wu Xie's mind began to panic, not really thinking he was going to get dragged into this type of situation and conversation so quickly in time.

"Yeah, leaving was difficult." Wu Xie rolled his eyes at his own lame response.

Ah Ning passed it off as shyness, "Did you leave a lot of friends?"

Wu Xie thought of PangZi and what it would be like leaving him behind, how hard it would be getting over it. "Nope, not really."

"What about a best friend?" She asked slightly bewildered by the dismissive comment.

Again Wu Xie thought of PangZi and leaving him. "No, not really. We fought a lot anyway."

"Oh," Ah Ning continued to lead the two of them through mazes of halls, "What about a boy? Or boys?"

Wu Xie almost choked on nothing at the innocent question that would be passed around a group of girls, the topic of topic, and the one he really should have prepared himself for—boys.

He hoped he hadn't made some type of grimace, but his face betrayed him when Ah Ning noticed, "Ah, still hard to talk about?"

"I'm learning to get over it." Wu Xie brain suddenly spiked with an instant idea, hoping Wu Sanxing or PangZi wouldn't get wind of this conversation.