Chapter 8: BE RUDE

Audio titled: PRETTY'S ON THE INSIDE

Chapter
VIII
Be Rude
(Wasn't Great of a Plan)

***

"Wait—what?" Wu Xie whispered to himself but Ah Ning clearly heard him.

"Go talk to him!" Ah Ning encouraged with a grin.

"Oh, no no no!" Wu Xie whipped around, eyes big with worry.

Wu Xie's plan was already going to be ruined—didn't it usually take a week or two in the stories? What type of fairytale was this again?

"Calm down, Wu Xie!" Ah Ning said somewhat soothingly, but a little taken aback.

"I don't want to talk to him!" Wu Xie squeaked higher than he thought he could manage.

"Oh, yes you do," Ah Ning tried to reassure him, "Trust me. He's one of the few from Boy's Privet High School that are bearable."

Wu Xie tried to keep his feet planted as Ah Ning pushed him, not nudging, but pushing his back roughly as he stumbled forward.

Zhang Qi Ling's coal eyes roamed the schoolyard, looking around for his ever annoying friend, and his companion for the short ride home.

Zhang Qi Ling's eyes looked over lingering girls mixed within group of boys, looking anywhere for a tall wearing black eyes glasses person, to land on a stumbling dark brown haired teens with her persistent friend.

Zhang Qi Ling's feet were moving before he was really thinking about it, but having the girl's face stuck in his mind all day had that effect on him. Zhang Qi Ling had been trying to figure out what was so different about him all day, which caused him to drift in three of his classes and get caught for it.

"It is that big of a deal! You need to listen to me!" Wu Xie protested with a grunt.

"Hello." Zhang Qi Ling interrupted with a cool voice and a shy smile.

Ah Ning immediately straightened up, removing her hands from Wu Xie's back as if she had been caught doing something she wasn't supposed to be doing. Wu Xie on the other hand, having been pressing back with a good amount of force only to have it disappeared in an instant, fell back with a thud.

Wu Xie winced both at the sharp pain and embarrassment. Who in the hell knew being a female would be so challenging?

"Are you alright?"

It was a voice as smooth as silk with breath smelling sweet mint, Wu Xie's brown eyes not being able to find a face in the direct line of the sun.

"Let's get you off the ground." The other person whispered softly.

Wu Xie felt arms snake around his shoulder and waist, the muscles large but not bulky and bulging—it was actually comfortable, and he was lifted with ease till he was on his feet.

Wu Xie began to dust off his uniform, his white hands wiping away the dirt and mud from his black skirt and white shirt as much as possible, but the damage was done, and Wu Sanxing would be going to the dry cleaner sooner than expected.

Wu Sanxing his uncle, not Wu Sanxing his brother, which was PangZi, not the PangZi who was him dressed in a girls uniform with a different name. Wu Xie shook his head, causing his dark browned braided hair to sway at the confusion he had caused himself.

"Are you all right?" The husky, silky smooth voice asked again, but this time it caused Wu Xie to look up from his task of dusting himself off.

There stood Zhang Qi Ling, toe to toe with him, and by the looks of things, he wasn't going anywhere soon.

And Wu Xie immediately took a step back as soon as he realized how close the boy was, clenching his jaw and grinding his teeth, and stifled a growl of annoyance.

"Do I know you?" Zhang Qi Ling started in a cool and slick voice, causing Wu Xie to roll his eyes and mentally gag, "I'm Zhang Qi Ling."

Wu Xie's brown eyes glared daggers at Zhang Qi Ling's waiting hand that was sticking out between them in a polite gesture, and the dark brown haired teens instantly crossed his arms in front of his chest, "I'm your worst nightmare."

Ah Ning's face was shocked at the acidic tone and heated glare her new friend was sharing with the boy in front of them. No one ever acted like that with Xiao ge—ever.

Zhang Qi Ling dropped his hand to his side limply, causing Wu Xie to grin in triumph, the boy had gotten the hint and supposedly, Wu Xie had gotten the hang of shooting boys down.

Be rude.

Wu Xie mentally winced at the quick reel of memories that played in his mind of all the girls being rude to him from turndown after turndown.

Ah Ning elbowed him in his ribs, giving him a look of disbelief and Wu Xie figured it was because he turned down this guy in front of him. Wu Xie flashed her a brilliant smile, she didn't like Boy's Privet High School guys, so she would be fine.

She was actually giving him a big eyed persistent look, barely inclining her head to the teens in front of them, and Wu Xie knew Ah Ning wanted him to play nice.

"It's okay." Zhang Qi Ling was calm and cool—almost forgetting the harsh incident with this strange but endearing girl. His face was scanning Wu Xie's once more, causing the teen in front of him to glare.

"Is there anything else!" Wu Xie practically hissed the last word, his hands were balling up into fists and his jaw was locked as his teeth grinded together.

Zhang Qi Ling took a quick step forward, lightly brushing Wu Xie's braided hair back to let it fall down his back, his finger tips ghosting the side of Wu Xie's slender neck, his lips suddenly tickling Wu Xie's ear causing him to freeze on the spot.

Zhang Qi Ling's voice was coming in whispers, his breath shooting out into Wu Xie's ear to cause the dark brown haired teen to repress several shivers that traveled down his spine.

Being rude wasn't as great of a plan as he thought.

"Hanesmale, briefs? How curious... for a female."

Wu Xie felt Zhang Qi Ling's hand tug the bottom of his shirt down over the top of his skirt at the time his own breath caught in his throat. Whether it was from the contact from the boy in front of him, or the suggesting whisper, Wu Xie was quite sure the boy was onto him.

And fast.

***To be continued

***
To be continued...