Chapter 7: MY BROTHER

Chapter
VII
My Brother
(He Looks Nothing Like You)

***

The day was finally over. Okay... mostly, some afterschool activities were not yet done, in fact there were a lot of student still rooming the school ground. YunCi and Huo Xiu Xiu were currently waiting outside. Wu Xie already knew that PangZi wasn't going to pick him up because he just received a message coming from PangZi that he was now doing his duty as a detention mate. And Wu Xie threatened Wu Sanxing to stay away within a hundred yards from the school. Wu Xie was perfectly aware how overly destructive Wu Sanxing imagination. Look at his current state. Dress up like a girl, but Wu Xie could only blamed it on himself.

So he was stuck, scared and alone... with Ah Ning circle of friends.

"So, whose car are we going to ride?" Huo Xiu Xiu chimed in, but Wu Xie thought they didn't have a car because he saw them walk to school almost everyday.

Almost...

Ah Ning shrugged, "I could careless. My car can fit all of us, your Corvette obviously can't."

Huo Xiu Xiu shrugged and said, "We're all thin enough to squeeze in."

"You drive like a maniac," Ah Ning reminded her sternly.

YunCi paled a little at what seemed to be a memory, while Huo Xiu Xiu simply shoved her lollipop in her mouth with a shrug, spun on her heal, and headed down the street toward the secluded parking lot.

"Unless you want to take your car, Wu Xie?" Ah Ning asked politely.

"No, no, yours is fine."

Wu Xie didn't know how to explain that he didn't have a car, let alone his license. Yeah, that would go over real well with the popular kids, right along side with having male hormones instead of female.

"So, what kind of car do you drive?" Wu Xie asked, his brain still sponge for Ah Ning's answers.

"A 2019 SLR McLaren Roadster, but I borrowed my dad's Suburban today." She said lightly, apparently everyone had cars like that.

Wu Xie on the other hand, gawked, which wasn't exactly ladylike. His manners, which had been taugh to him overnight, had flown out of the window at the mention of the impossible car—how in the world did people afford such things?

"What kind of car do you have?" Huo Xiu Xiu asked innocently as she waved to a group of older college student that were passing through the neighborhood.

Wu Xie's mind clawed at a car, he really hadn't expected this type of thing at all to come up, but at the mention of lying about extravagant things that he couldn't afford, he's stomach suddenly summersault and he suddenly wanted to vomit.

"Wu Xie!"

The group of girls whipped around, looking in the direction of the voice and Wu Xie instantly paled. It was PangZi, not only looking livid at the fact he was picking him up, but downright embarrassed.

Apparently he got out of detention.

"Who's that?" Ah Ning and Huo Xiu Xiu murmured in interest at the same time.

"It's not what you think, he's my... ah, brother. Yes, my brother, Wu Sanxing." Wu Xie quickly fumbled out.

Tangle after tangle of lies.

"He looks nothing like you." YunCi finally spoke.

"I'll be right back. I'll tell him, I'm getting a ride from you guys so he can go back first!" Wu Xie waved as he made his way back to his seething best friend.