Chapter 1 - Stricken

Trigger warning for gore!!

After the terminal incident, word spread fast. People from all over were hearing news about the downfall of the admin. People questioned whether or not he was still alive, who he really was, and other things of the like.

It even spread beyond their world. People in the portal network eventually heard. Practically everyone in all the worlds knew.

What these people failed to realize when spreading this information around was that each world has admins. Most of them caught wind of the situation and jumped to Romeo's aid, helping him recover in any way that they could.

One admin, though, was not like the rest. She grew resentful of Jesse and watched her like a hawk. This admin would often sneak into Jesse's world and spy on her. She had planned when she was going to strike, but she needed help.

~~

The letter that Radar had mentioned was quite literally what he said. All it said was:

Dear Jesse Taber,

Look out.

-W.P.

Jesse knew who that was. It was Cassie Rose. But how did she even get out? Jesse decided the best course of action to take was to head back into the Portal Network. Harper and Ivor came along since they knew it better than anyone else in Beacontown. Radar, Jack, Nurm, and Lukas also joined them.

"Man, I never thought I'd see the Portal Network for real, but it is incredible!" Radar said ecstatically. Jesse chuckled.

"I thought I'd never have to see it again," Jesse quipped.

"Me too. This place sends chills up my spine," Lukas said, shivering.

"Well, I don't get that anymore!" Ivor said.

"Me neither. I mean, I built this place after all," Harper said. Nurm gleefully whispered something to Jack.

"Uh, Harper, Nurmie wanted me to tell you that he'd like to know more about the construction of this place. You know, if you're uh, down for it," Jack piped up.

"Of course!" Harper said, wrapping her arm around Nurm's shoulder.

After a few minutes of walking, they finally reached the portal that led to the world with two moons. The group jumped in and headed straight for the mansion. They entered its doors and someone stood at the top of the stairs, as if awaiting their arrival.

It was Cassie Rose. She had a burn mark spreading up across her face. She wore real armor this time, with sheaths on her belt holding two enchanted axes. She glared at Jesse.

"Is that..." Radar whispered. Jesse nodded and Radar let out a nervous squeak.

"You," Cassie said, taking heavy strides towards Jesse with her axes, "You stripped me of everything!"

"She did nothing like that! It was what needed to happen," Lukas retorted.

"Stay out of this, blondie!" Cassie barked back at Lukas, "You were my scapegoat. You could've gone to judgment in my place! But no, Jesse just had to be on your side and get me stuck!"

"Cassie I-" Jesse said, stepping forward, cut off by Cassie striking Jesse's arms but missing her left, leaving a large, deep gash in her right. The enchantment caused Jesse's skin to tear open more than it should have. The wound grew larger.

Jesse screamed in pain. She fell to her knees as Cassie stood before her. Harper and Ivor kneeled to help Jesse, while Jack fought with Cassie.

"Jesse!" Radar yelped, grabbing Jesse's shoulder.