Chapter 3 - Romeo's Imprisonment

The fight between Cassie and Jesse went on until Cassie could give no more energy. She was heaving, hands on her knees. She was still seething with rage, staring down Jesse with white-hot rage.

"Cassie, please! It doesn't have to be this way! I'll do anything if it means you'll understand!" Jesse exclaimed.

"Then let us take Romeo," The new admin growled.

Jesse's jaw dropped. She couldn't let him get taken, he had done so much to help them. She looked to Romeo, who was being held by his hair by the woman's side. He looked at Jesse and lowered his head.

"Fine. I'll go with you. But please, don't hurt them," Romeo announced. Jesse's eyes welled with tears.

"Romeo, you can't be serious!" Jesse cried, running to him.

She stood a foot shorter than him, so she had to look up. Jesse pulled the taller man away from the other admin and let go of him when he was behind the group. Romeo held Jesse's hand gently and smiled weakly at her. He kissed her hand.

"Goodbye, Jesse," Romeo said. He dropped her hand and walked back to the other admin, Loryn. Her mouth curled into a twisted grin.

"Good boy," The admin snarled. Romeo looked back at Jesse one last time before he was taken away.

With a flash of light, he was gone. So were this new admin named Loryn, and Cassie. Jesse dropped to her knees. Lukas ran to her side, trying to comfort his closest friend. She cried into his shoulder until the sun had set over Beacontown.

~~

The following day, Petra and Jack had Jesse, Lukas, Harper, Ivor, and Radar gather in his shop to discuss what happened. They told Radar, Ivor, and Harper about everything that had happened. Jesse's gash in her leg from the day before had been patched up and was healing just fine.

"He was taken away and, well..." Jesse said, trying not to cry.

"We have to set out for him! Wherever that could be," Harper exclaimed. Ivor nodded in agreement.

"If she's anything like how Romeo was," Lukas began, "He can't be reached."

"What's that supposed to mean, blondie?" Jack grimaced.

"Jack, do you remember when he took me away as his champion?" Petra said, "He's most likely where I was. By now, he probably assumes we're not going after him."

"What makes you think that, Petra?" Ivor asked.

"Time was all mucked up in there," Petra said, "If she's taken him to the place that I was stuck in, days have already passed for him."

"Poor guy, I really hope she hasn't hurt him or anything," Harper said.

"Yeah. I don't like him, but he didn't do anything to deserve getting taken away by another admin," Jack responded.

The group fell silent. Jesse exhaled, exhausted. Lukas comforted her. No one said anything for a few moments.

"I have an idea!" Radar exclaimed.

"What is it?" Jesse asked.

"Y'know the portal we used to get out of The Underneath? What if we went through there and asked Xara if she knew how to get to him!" Radar explained, "She used to be an admin, she would likely know."

"That's... really smart, Radar!" Jesse exclaimed, hugging her intern.

"Then it's settled. We set out for The Underneath, let's say... tomorrow night?" Lukas proposed. The group agreed.