CHAPTER 8/The Date and Little Spies

Shikadai's POV

After I rescued Yodo from the grass shinobi I carried her back home since she was sleeping in my arms calmly. I arrived at her place, enter her room since it was unlocked it must be because of that incident, I carefully placed Yodo on her bed and close and lock the door and left the apartment building then went back to my house. When I entered the house I heard my mom and dad talking in the kitchen about something so I decided to carefully tiptoe to the kitchen and listen. " Shikamaru! Aren't you even worried? Our son is missing right now he literally disappeared from his bedroom! " Mom said as she was angry as ever " Believe I am worried but I'm sure our son is alright I'm sure of it Temari. " I could hear mom crying " You might be right but I can't find the fact he is actually okay! " I couldn't take it anymore and entered the kitchen and that's when mom and dad looked at me both of them were surprised and suddenly mom started to come running towards and hugged me " I was so worried Shikadai you may be older now but I'm still worried about you.." Mom hugged me tightly and dad joined in and said " Welcome home my idiot son." A tear slide down my face " I'm home..." 

Yodo's POV  

It was morning already and my body was fine like I got out of a hot spring " Wait, those grass shinobi! " I got out of my bed and realized that I was rescued by Shikadai that night " So it was him again who rescued I guess I should at least thank him. " I took a quick warm bath and started to get dressed up to go outside and say thank you to Shikadai as soon as I got dressed up I went to the Nara household and after a few minutes I saw Shikadai with Boruto and Inojin heading to that burger place I wanted to thank him when he was alone but I couldn't since I know Boruto would make a fuss if I was kidnapped so I walked away but when I could actually get away from the guys Boruto noticed me and said " Hey! Yodo where you going? " He sped up to me " I-I'm only going to a teahouse I need to eat so leave me alone already idiot. " I sped up trying to get away from them " So are you and Shikadai really dating? " I froze then punched him in the face while I was still annoyed and embarrassed " Ouch! Yodo I just asked you a question y'know! "  Shikadai and Inojin looked concerned staring at Boruto " Stay out of my way I'm going to a teahouse for some dumplings." I ran as fast as a leopard and quickly went inside in a teahouse and as soon as I did I ordered my dumplings and usual green tea and started to eat my breakfast " I wonder if Shikadai heard what Boruto said.."

Shikadai's POV

When that incident occurred Inojin and Boruto wouldn't stop teasing me about it I was mad but I just ignored them and just ate my food like nobody was talking to me. After I we had our food we went our separate ways since me, Inojin, and Boruto became chunin and started to get a bunch of missions but since I had no missions I started to walk around and saw Yodo drinking her green tea when her face was started to get red. I went up to her " Hey, sorry about Boruto he could be real a drag sometimes. " Yodo looked up and started to get her face even more red " O-Oh no it's fine Shikadai. " I sat next to her " I-I was going to thank you for rescuing me that day but I wanted to say thank you when you were alone.." She started to get a nervous face again " Oh, well your welcome, by the way I wanted to ask you something." Yodo turned her face too nervous to confuse " And what is it? " She asked as she sipped her green tea " Will you go on a date with me? "

Yodo's POV   

" H-HUH?! W-What is this all about idiot! " I yelled as everyone in the teahouse looked at me concerned I looked away from the people nervously " Boruto and the others told me to go on a date troublesome woman. " I started to burn up my face when he said those words, I knew  that little idiot Boruto and his friends planned this all along my mind was all about giving Boruto and his friends a piece of my mind " It's okay if you say no besides they forced me anyway-" I cut him off " Sure, I'll go on a date with you.." Shikadai was surprised " What a drag, they're gonna spy on us now.." He murmured " What? " I said " It's nothing " Shikadai blushed a bit " How about we meet up at that fancy restaurant at seven PM is that alright? " Shikadai looked away from me " Alright, just don't be the one who's late. " After I finished eating Shikadai and I went to our homes and soon when it was almost time I took a quick bath and started to get ready putting up my makeup, and wore an old dress that was designed in the Sand.

 " After I finished eating Shikadai and I went to our homes and soon when it was almost time I took a quick bath and started to get ready putting up my makeup, and wore an old dress that was designed in the Sand

Shikadai's POV

I was at the restaurant's entrance waiting for Yodo to arrive and while I was waiting I made sure that my suit was clean since the suit I was wearing was my grandpa and it was covered in dust when I found it but thanks to mom she cleaned all the dust away. After a few seconds I saw Yodo coming at me smiling bright " Hey Shikadai! Nice suit! " I looked amazed at her beautiful dress and smile " Oh thanks you look lovely today Yodo. " Her face was red but she still smiled brightly " Shall we go in then? Troublesome woman. " I asked " Sure thing just don't let things turn out to be a drag. " She giggled " Geez, you know I won't. " When we went inside Boruto and the others were already spying on us because the disguises they wore made them look visible because all they wore were cloaks, fake mustaches, and glasses but I just let it slide since I didn't want Yodo to see them and that would make a scene so we ordered our food and talked about how we have been doing and how our missions are going. And when we ate our food we stayed at a inn and had a relaxing time in a hot spring and right after that we went outside to look at the stars " The stars are really beautiful this time I wish an aura would come in and make it more prettier.." Yodo said as she smiled and her eyes shined like ocean eyes " Thank you for asking me out I never had this much fun in a while. " Yodo's eyes were shining brighter " Your welcome. " I sat closer to her and was about to kiss her until Yodo and I heard a small screech coming from the bushes and since I didn't want them seeing us kiss I covered I and Yodo's face with a fan I borrowed and kissed her on the mouth and then quickly sat back down and removed the fan. I could hear Boruto and the others disappointing groans.  Later we rest in the inn and when it was morning it was time to go home so we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.