A chance encounter

(Y/N) POV: 

Laughter fills the room as several different men sit around tables drinking and talking away about their lives. I walk around handing out drinks and taking money from customers. Meliodas is currently serving some men a meat pie he made. I cover my mouth with a hand as I try to laugh at their reaction to his terrible cooking. Stifling my laughter I snap my fingers. A large pig walks over grumbling.

 "What now (Y/N)?" He demands. I gesture to the mess on the floor.  "Can you go clean that up please, Hawk?" Hawk sighs and trots on over to the mess. Hawk has the floor sparkling clean with in a few minutes and Meliodas nods sending Hawk away. I shake my head as I walk over to him.

"Hey Mel didn't we agree that we aren't going to kill the guests with our cooking?" I ask as I bump him playfully with my elbow. He shrugs grinning.

"They should have know anyways. We have a great reputation for booze not our food."  The men sitting at the table grumble but drop the issue as they notice the swords that me and Meliodas are carrying.  I decide to sit down and join them as Meliodas continues to run the bar. He hands me a mug of ale and the men watch me down the alcohol with slightly worried expressions.

"Excuse me young miss but aren't you a bit young to drink?" One of them asks. I set down my mug with a sigh.

"Nope. I may not look it but I'm actually in my late 20's." I reply as I go to stand. 

The front door bangs open as a frantic young man rushes in shouting about seeing the rusty knight. I let the man take my seat and go grab him a mug of ale from Meliodas who gives me a side glance. I shrug keeping a neutral expression as I go back to the table. Placing the mug down on the table I hear a bit of their conversation.

"The Eight Deadly Sins?" Me and Meliodas ask at the same time. They glance at us slightly surprised.

"You young tavern owners haven't heard of the Eight Deadly sins? Well you see they're this band of infamous criminals on the run from the holy knights. According to legend they're each capable of devastating power and that their captains Meliodas and (Y/N) are the most dangerous of all." One of them states as he sips his mug with a nervous expression.

"Yeah but rumor is that they all died years ago so there's no need to worry." Another person interjects making all the men in the tavern laugh off the anxious atmosphere.  I glance at Meliodas raising an eyebrow and tap the side of my head lightly. He nods turning to face away from the customers. 

*It's weird having people think we're dead.* I say to him mentally. 

*I know what you mean sis. It is strange, especially when you think of the irony of this situation.*  He chuckles in the connection, *I mean they're being served by the very people they say are the scariest criminals of all time*  I have to stifle an actually giggle. He was right it was pretty ironic.

The door opens again but this time someone in rusty armor walks in mumbling something almost inaudible. The customers freak and rush out of the tavern several of them screaming as they do so. I watch the scene unfold with a slightly annoyed look. We had just gotten a full house. Meliodas jumps over the counter and approaches the knight.

"What do you want and who are you?" He demanded. I sidle up next to him placing a hand on my sword which hung at my waist. The knight didn't respond and instead toppled backward crashing to the floor. The helmet falls off along the way and I gasp as I see a young woman inside of the armor. I turn to Meliodas who is staring at her blankly.

"It's her."

A/N: I know this is a short first chapter but it's getting late and I need to head off to bed so I hope this one chapter is enough for now. I do plan on updating tomorrow so please don't hate and please be willing to wait. Thank you.