The Viazel Festival Pt 2

I jumped down from the wring and headed towards the little red creature. The thing looked up at me then gestured to a bunch of sticks it held in its fist. I reach over and pull one. The number 2 was on the bottom. I frown not knowing what that means. I turn to the creature giving it a questioning look. 

"Your opponent will have the same number as you. this decides the order of the duels and who you're dueling against." I nod then turn to survey the others to see who I would be fighting against.  I finally spot the other 2 gripped in the hand of young blond guy. He notices my stare and waves at me cheerily. I give him a gentle smile and a nod.

So, the fighting order was decided. First up was Matrona against Griamore. Then me and, I believe his name was Howzer, are next. After that was King against Cain and then Meliodas vs Ban. I stand over by the ring and watch as Matrona and Griamore climb into the ring and get ready to fight. Reaching out with my magic I feel each of their magics. Matrona's for some reason felt really familiar. Warm like a stone baked in the sun. Griamore's felt extremely solid and rough, like a brick wall. I smirk as I recognize the girl's magical energy. That poor man didn't stand a chance.

After Diana finished her fight against Griamore she jumped down from the plateform and skipped over to us. She grinned as she bent over so she could look Meliodas in the eye.

"Welp guess I can't keep it secret any longer." She giggled as she stared at Meliodas with adoring eyes. He blinked dumbly then asked. "Who are you?" Diana's face froze in shock for a second before growling as she socked him on the back of the head before storming off. I turn to Meli with a raised eyebrow.

"Really? If you keep teasing her so much, she will one day bury you alive."

"I know. But it's so much fun to tease my teammates." Meli replied as he sat up from the ground rubbing his head.  I sigh shaking my head before turning and climbing into the ring myself. Across from me Howzer climbed in as well. 

I settle into a neutral position waiting to see what he would do when he pointed at my chest while looking away with a pink face. I glance down to see that my shirt was slightly unbuttoned. I reach down and button it again despite the audience cries of protest. After doing so I ready myself again Howzer doing the same.  There is a tense moment of silence and tension then he punched forward with his fist sending a spiraling tornado my direction. I dive underneath it rolling forward onto my knees before placing my hands palms down on the ground. 

"Rolling shock." I mutter letting a wave of my magic rush from my hands into the ground. It made the rock under my hands crack before making it roll out from under them like a wave towards Howzer. He jumped up to avoid it falling for my trap. I point up at him in the sky with my point finger smirking as I say.

"Magic snipe." A bullet of crackling magical energy shoots from my finger and hits Howzer in the chest sending him flying backward into the crowd causing shouts of panic. I stand, brush my knees and then exit the ring. I stroll over to Meli and Ban with a bored look on my face.

"Dang you ended that one quickly." Ban commented as he slung his arm across my shoulders. I shrug.

"I could already tell that he wasn't going to be worth really fighting so I just got it over with." Ban doubled over laughing while Meli just shook his head in amusement.

"What?" I ask confused.

"You're so hard to please." Meli snickered as he turned to watch King's fight which ended up being over very quickly. So next up was Ban and Meli's fight. I watch as they climb into the ring getting ready to fight without having to hold back. I smirk as I raise a hand to my mouth to shout at them.

"Key boys don't go leveling the town alright?" The people around me glanced at me then at the boys then at me again, looks of terror growing on their faces rapidly. Meli glared at me playfully while Ban just shrugged while smirking.  They faced each other again and went full out. Dust soon covered the whole ring making it impossible to see. I chuckle as I feel their different energies clash with each other in full force. Ban's felt like thick smoke something you could feel if you wave your hand through it slowly but can't every grab hold of. Meli's felt like fire, a powerful raging fire. The dust clears to show the two of them at a stalemate. Ban smirks as he starts to use his ability. I turn my gaze to Meliodas who was slowly weakening. Ban strikes Meli hitting him into the ground hard enough to cause a dust cloud to form again.

I let out a soft laugh then nearly choke on air as I feel a familiar sickening feeling. It felt like pins and needles jabbing into my skin all over. Meli's demon magic. I glance up at the ring to find the dust cloud gone and Meli standing alone. He grins before pointing to something in the distance. turning along with everyone else I finally spot Ban plastered against the cliff side laughing his head off. Meli climbs out of the ring and strolls over to smiling until he sees my expression. His smiles falters for a second before he fully grins again.

"Don't worry about (N/N). I promise I'm fine." He reaches over to pat my arm. "No reason to worry." I eye him for a moment before begrudgingly nodding. Next was me and Diana. I climb into the ring and face her. She faces me grinning as she prepares herself. I grin back as I crouch down close to the ground placing both hands down. Then the shout for the fight rings out and we start.