Chapter 60 (Lascia Andare)

The Heiresses

Blaizzane's P.O.V

I was breathing ruggedly when a door was harshly swung opened by someone from behind. Sweat was all over my body, as my energy were slowly draining. I swallowed hard and tightened my grip at my gun.

'Hold on a little while, Blaiz. We need to win.'  I kept on uttering those line repeatedly inside my head. I heard a certain footsteps slowly walking towards where I was hiding. Despite my wounded leg, I pushed myself to stood up, and when I succeeded I waste no time and pointed my gun towards someone I  though an enemy but the moment he went out from his silhouette, I loosened my grip at my gun. I was... shock and terrified.  I don't want him to be my enemy!

"Blaizzane." He called out  with a plain and cold voice. I looked at his eyes and it was freezing cold while fixed at mine.

"M-Matthew." I called out too, a bit stammering.
Againts my will, I held my arms straight and pointed the gun at his head. There were shock and something of his emotions that was stirred into his eyes that made me unable to read him.

* * *

After the chaotic and full of dead air dinner, Matthew accompanied me and did dropped me off at my condo.

"Where do you live, by the way?" He asked as he was starting the engine to life. I glanced at him and he was looking ahead. I was then debating with my mind if I should tell him or not but lying at him isn't and will never be my thing for him. He's Matthew. He's my Matthew and he deserves me, moreover... my honesty... I have thought.

"Uh... Reinas' Buildings and Hotel?" I replied, certainly uncertained.

"Wow! Are you some sort of duchess?" He asked. I turned silent.  Technically, I am. He glanced at me and noticed my silence.

"Blaiz." He uttered as his car was parked at the shady parking lot, with only a yellow-light coming from the lamp post few meter away from where we was.  I thought he would sent me off to my condo, but the moment I turned silent he suddenly change the route. I just remained silent while seated. This is this.

"Matthew..." I called out too while just looking at his face. He slowly turned his neck and stared directly in my eyes. I wanted to tell him the truth b-but I'm afraid of what would be his reaction.  He told me how he loath us. The royal bloods. And with that thought, my eyes watered.

"Blaizzane, why are you crying?" He asked, panicking. I laughed a little because of that. Naurong tuloy luha ko!

"You're still an overreactor, aren't you?" I implied with a little smile of my lips. He just smiled too. And after that, silence held us both. Only our breathing was hovering inside his car. Both of our gazes were set at each other. He looked at me like some sort of his galaxies, reflecting mine. Tears are traitors as they are pooled.

"W-what is happening, Blaiz?" He uttered as saw me tearing up while staring at his eyes. I smiled with tears rolling down my cheeks. I reached for him. I placed my hand at his hair, feeling his soft strands of hair. Until, I slowly grazed my index finger to his forehead, down ti his beautiful blue-eyes. I took time being mesmerized by his oceanic blue eyes, same as ocean that could drown someone by its deep. And, as I let my soul sunk, I got the answers I've been looking for---in his eyes.

"Why do I love him?"

Now, I got the answer. I love him because he was always with me. Accepts me. Wait for me. Just like how the ocean accepts the burst of emotions from the sky. How the ocean reflected the dark  yet gorgeous night through its surface, and just like how the ocean never get tired of being with the clouds, how it wouldn't stop admiring it, how it would look up and stay still to witness her beauty every seconds passed. I  love him not because of batterflies of my tummy, or the blush he gave me. But, the fact the he was there, never got tired of making me feel special by his corny jokes, nonsense blabberings, and cute gestures. I love him because it's him. My once Matthew Ace Lim.