Chapter 36 (Could I?)

The Heiresses

Blaizzane's P.O.V

I went to my mom's room lazily. What now?! Ano na naman ang gagawin ko para sa kaniya?! Pagod na'ko! Pagod na ang isip ko kakaisip kung totoo ba ang lahat ng nangyayari. First, Hazmaein's intentions of bringing the  Empery down, second, is the union of the Queens from the East, and South, then third is, what's behind their wills? What's the catch?

Napapikit ako dahil parang pinupokpok ang utak ko sa daming iniisip. This weekend can make me a wrinkled woman! Hays! Huminga ako ng malalim ng ilang beses bago ko pinihit ang door knob sa kwartong inuukupa ng aking Reyna sa magarang mansyon ni Hazmaein.

"Good evening, My Queen. " I greeted politely as I stood infront of her, while she was still sipping her tea. She motioned the single set of sofa that was adjacent to hers. I immediately sat, afraid of testing her patience.

We were silent for a long minute that made me nervous 'cause even though I hate her I still have don't the guts of being against her. Her plain, emotionless mien, and stoic posture sends me chills though I don't show it when she's infront of me. No way!

The silence stretched that made me more uncomfortable. Her silence is deadly, scary, creepy and all! But all my thoughts left me hanging when she turned her head at me and smiled. My jaw almost drop, yeah! Literally! That kind of smile that ain't gives me creep, or chill. It is somehow a true, genuine smile. Wait! What is that for, eh?!

I arched my brows, confusely.

"M-My Queen" I utter unconsciously as I bowed my head. Her smile seems heart-whelming but I wasn't used to it. I am distant to her. And her smile made my head turned blank! She never smiled at me! Not with that kind of smile! Not that genuine! Not that plain but impressive!

"You did a great job, Blaizzane." She then said that almost made me fall on the single set couch. W-what's with her today?! She's so strange!

"M-my Queen, I don't know what are you saying." I replied still in daze.

"You did a good job. You brought the three heiresses in one place. Your unison can make a big distruction to every empire." She said frankly that made me more surprise! E-eh?! It's not me that made these heiresses unite! It's Hazmaein and her plan!

"B-but it's not me who brought us unite. It was the Alonzo's Heiresses. It was her, M-my Queen." I said with a hint of fear in my voice. I'm afraid she'll burst out in anger because of it's not me who brought these princesses unite. But instead of shouting, I heard her chuckled. I looked up. She then sighed.

"I knew it. Maz's daughter is a deadly nightshade. Once she'll seek, she'll easily found out. " She said while looking at nowhere. Ediwow!

"Hehehe! Y-yes, My Queen. She is" I replied with a fake laugh. Her face grimaced.

"Please. Stop calling me, My Queen, Blaiz lalo pa't wala tayo sa bansa'ng pinamumunuan ko. And I am not your Queen, I am your mother, Blaizzane." She implied. And again, my mouth left hanging. Is this true?!

"E-eh?!"

"I can't remember us talking 'bout this kind of thing and I think it's the first time. I haven't even correct you and not insisted you to call me 'mom' instead of 'your Queen' na nakasanayan mo na. Tsk! Being in a throne sucks!"

My forehead creased at her statement.

"M-My, I mean, mom what does your statement means?" I asked. She sighed heavily. I was sweating bullets after I finished my sentence.

"Blaizzane, In this kind of world where were higher than others there are those who'll look up at you with respect, some with jealousy, but most are stares of vengeance and hatred." She answered that was puzzled to me. Ano bang ibig niyang sabihin?!

"I already knew about it but what's with that?"

"Sometimes, I'd wish that we're one of those who looked up. Being high means being limited in actions, words, and emotions. Being seated at a throne means being tough, stoic, and hard. Being crowned means leaving the things that made you laugh, smile, those thing that made you happy. It's either things or people." She added. I stared at her confusely. She's getting weirder every minute, eh!

"M-mom, you're confusing me" I uttered. She then smiled, with a hint of sadness in her eyes then easily faded in a snap.

"If you want the crown..." she sighed heavily again. "...you'll let go of everything, and of everyone. To us, the crown symbolizes bravery of fights and of surrenders. Even if it means you'll be their Judas."

I went out of her room silently, occupied with our conversation. Her words were simple but my damn mind can't digest it!

"If you want the crown you'll let go of everything and of everyone. To us, the crown symbolizes bravery of fights and of surrenders. Even if it means you'll be their Judas..."

Her statement caught me off guard! It made me more nervous. I know I should trust no one but, it's about friendship which should involve trust, but the crown? Ano ba ang mas dapat 'kong pairalin? Ang mga kaibigang malalapitan sa oras ng pangangailangan o ang koranang tatapos sa lahat ng bagay na nagbibigay saya? Which one should I choose? The few friends or many citizen of my country in exchange of my lifetime happiness pero kaya ko bang unahin ang kasiyahan ko kung mas maraming iyak, luha, at dugo ang dadanak sa pagtiwalag ko sa daan patungo sa pagiging Reyna?

I went in at my occupied room but a minute later I went out still in daze but I was back unto my reverie when a door slammed closed. I immediately gaze at it and saw Johaizza squeezing her eyes tightly. My confusions was exchanged by worries. As she opened her eyes she saw us three. The same with me, the two were confused with her act and also worried, who wouldn't be?!

"You okay?" It was simpleton question to asked. Obviously she is not! But sometimes, asking someone about their situation even if it was bluntly displayed is another kind of heart-whelming feeling. As those words came out from my mouth, Johaizza the toughest woman I knew bursted in tears.

Mabilis na dumalo si Hazmaein at Reign kay Johaizza habang ako'y naiwang nag-iisip at nakatingin sa kanila. Can I betray them? Can I when all I can see in their eyes are the longings of care, love, and attention from their parents. Can I leave them hanging despite the emotional torture they were already experiencing since from their childhood aside from those bruises, contusions, lesions, and tiredness, Can I?

Could I be so heartless to let them sink and drown?

---

princesayannahh