30

Y/N's POV

"You and me of course!" Amane-kun replied with a smile.

I felt my cheeks burn the moment he said those five words that rang repeatedly in my head. What does he mean by me and him? Together? Alone? But why all of as sudden?

Why is he acting so differently? I wanted to ask him the reason why yet as I look at that smile that's never been plastered in that charming face of his, how could I ruin it with such a stupid question?

"I-I... well if that's what you want then sure." I replied with a pout as I fiddled with the blanket thats been keeping me warm this entire time.

I might as well just go with the flow then. There's nothing I could do anyway.

I stretched my arms upwards as I emit a relaxed groan.

"Why aren't you asking me?" He suddenly asked as I flinched and shifted my head to look at him. "Asking what?"

"On why I'm acting so differently towards you." Amane-kun's facial expression was filled with confusion and gloom at the same time.

I heaved a sigh and hugged my knees. "If I asked that, would you have continued being all sincere and happy towards me, Amane-kun?" I contracted a smile as he replied with a pout.

He played with the tips of his hair, trying to avoid my gaze as his cheeks flashed a bright shade of red. "I guess you have a point." He muttered under his breath but it was audible enough for me to hear.

Both of us talked till daylight, we had normal conversations and laughs. Until we realised that the sun was already rising. It was as if we were the only ones in the world. I could tell that he enjoyed our time together too.

"Tsukasa and the others might check up on us in a few hou--" His sentence was cut of by a creak of the door opening right in front of our eyes.

There appeared a figure of a tall boy, casually walking in with a bar of chocolate stuffed inside his mouth. His whole body stopped like it was frozen in mid air when he saw the both of us awake.

He blinked a few more times and waved his hand in front of his eyes to confirm that he wasn't hallucinating. "Tsukasa-kun?" I spoke as his eyes grew wide open. It has been a matter of a few seconds before he could move.

And the first thing he did was run out of the room. "AKANEEEEEEEE" Tsukasa called out for his friend. His voice was heard even from afar as I uttered a small laugh.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Amane-kun sincerely smiling. It must be because it's been weeks since he last saw his brother.

Once Tsukasa gathered everyone in the room, Aoi and Yashiro first hugged me so tight that I thought that both of them were about to kill me. But luckily, they didn't.

"Hey hey! I'm the one who should be loved here. Y/N wasn't the one who got shot here, you know." Amane-kun pouted and crossed his arms. Because of how different he acted, of course everyone's reaction would be the same as mine when I first saw him like that.

Yashiro, Aoi, Akane, Teru-san, and Kou were frozen still and acted actively afterwards, asking lots of questions to the poor boy. He did ignore most of the questions but one things for sure is that all of the noise from earlier quieted down when we heard one sniffle from Tsukasa.

He was stood on where he was, he didn't move an inch and just straightly looked at his brother with eyes on the verge of tears. He clenched his fist to control himself and stay strong. But I know that he couldn't.