36

As I ran towards the direction of the familiar voices, my head was filled with questions desperate for answers.

'if they are who I think they are, why are they here?'

'why did they leave without saying goodbye?'

And there they were right in front of her as she stopped in her tracks whilst out of breath with her hands rested on both of her knees. The identical features of the two did not fail to make her assume she got the wrong people.

The two turned around when they noticed a girl panting. They, however, did not realize who was the one standing before them. What expression should Y/N make at that very moment? Should she put on a happy face and tell them she's delighted to see them? Or should she put on an angry expression to show them how furious she is?

"Excuse me, miss. Are you okay?" The one with the mask asked.

Y/N raised her head and faced the twins. "Long time no see." She smiled, trying to hold back the tears.

"Y/N...?" Tsukasa's eye widened. "Why are you here?" He asked witha horrified look on his face.

Y/N suddenly felt a sharp stab on the chest.

'we haven't seen each other for a very long time and this is the first thing you say to me?' The gamer thought and gave them a pained look.

"I'm here to enroll myself to a university and find a place to stay for the future." She lied.

"Ah, I see. Apparently, we're in a hurry right now for an appointment. Let's meet up at that cafe down the street tomorrow so we can catch u-" Tsukasa anxiously laughed and grabbed the person's wrist behind him then hurriedly tried to leave although he was cut off by someone.

"Tsukasa, who is this?" A voice spoke behind him.

Y/N's eyes widened at his statement and yet again felt the sharp pain in her heart once more. "T-this is..." Tsukasa stuttered.

'Amane-kun... That's him. It's him. Why... Whydo you treat me this way?'

'Why do you pretend to not know who I am?'

" Would she perhaps like an autograph?" Amane asked his brother and brought out a marker from his bag.

"N-no! This is our old classmate from back home! It's such a coincidence we encountered her here. Hahahaha." Tsukasa sweat dropped.

"That's right! What a coincidence haha! Perhaps you don't recognize me anymore since I got prettier as time passed to the point you won't even know it's me!" She played along.

"I guess I'll see you two tomorrow! Also, U/N will be participating in the competition this coming week so make sure to watch and support her!" The gamer added.

"We will!" Tsukasa was trying his best to stay calm and was glad they had the opportunity to leave. "We'll get going now. Goodbye, Y/N! It was nice seeing you again!" He hurriedly pushed his brother to walk.

Amane turned his head and stared at Y/N. "I'll be there too so make sure to suppor Donu-" his mouth was immediately shut by his brother.

"Hahaha! He's still such a huge fan of that Donut_King like back then!" Tsukasa excused as they walked until they were no where to be seen by Y/N's perpheral vision.

- hours later -

The gamer was signing papers in the building where the competition will take place. She was still processing what happened with her interaction with the brothers earlier. However, what really caught her attention was that why was Amane acting like he doesn't remember her? It was as if he actually did not.

"His acting was pretty convincing..." She sighed and placed her pen down as she extended her arms and stretched. "What will happen from now on?" She wondered.

A few minutes had passed and the staff entered the room she was in. "Have you finished signing the papers, miss U/N?" He cheerfully asked as the gamer nodded and handed him the files.

"Uhm, before i leave... May I have your autograph? I'm such a big fan and also I doubt you'll lose this year's competition." Be excitedly handed her a plain white shirt and marker.

Y/N smiled and started to write her signature on the shirt. As she was writing, that's when she realised.

She had everything. She earned everything without the support and help from anyone. She learned how to stand on her own feet. But why does she feel like something's missing?

Her thoughts were cut off when she heard muffled sounds from outside the room.

"Is this where we sign papers?"

"Isn't there a separate room for each competitor, though?"

"I think this is the wrong room."

"Well we won't know unless we open the door and see if someone's inside."

"You idiot, look at the room number they gave us."

"I lost the card."

"You... Just open the goddamn door."

-----

Omg is someone still reading this book lololol it's been months since I last updated. Anyways here's a rushed chapter😘