Part 1💔

Bassey's POV

The loud din of the class' murmurs dulled down as our instructor walked in. I was about to focus on the teacher when out of the corner of an eye I saw her settle in. She seemed breathless . She heaved puffs of air that made her chest rise and fall. My joystick automatically synced with her rhythm. She'd probably ran to meet up with the class before Prof Hart closed his doors. She was with her friends .They giggled and laughed among themselves. May be at the teachers shoes. She let her hair out today. Usually they were wrapped in scarfs or tied in a bun. One may think she was a moslem or one of those Jehova Witness followers.

Just then Bamidele , my best friend woke me out of my daydream with a tap on d shoulder . "Where u go?? Lecturer don Dey call u since??" He said like I wasn't just right infront of him.

"Guy rest my case" I told him and assume my position spying her. I'm sure he noticed but I didn't care.

"Oh I see. You better leave Nneoma alone . She's not your type."

"Type ni? I think I like oh bro"

"No oh don't think . You know very well she's different from the girls we mess with. I'm serious. You know she's like a sister to me. Just leave her alone Bassey"

I guess he was right. Anyone who saw Nneoma at first sight could tell the kind of person she was; book conscious, calm and peaceful. But that's the thing. Each time I'm around her I seem to have this sense of peace. It's so overwhelming ... and scary too. She makes me feel different. And don't get me wrong . I'm not just talking about a mere carnal desire, I'm talking of homely feeling she lets out. Before I could continue my train of thought she'd turned around and was smiling at Bamidele all the way from across the class. She turned a little and locked eyes with me. She gave me a tight smile. That made my heart sink. At least she wasn't frowning at me. Don't think she likes me too much. Truth be told I honestly don't know what I did to her. I guess somethings are just the way they are.

After class Dele and I invited the girls out for lunch. The girls were Maryam, Nneoma, Marylyn, Doris and Faith. They were friends of Dele and I . And an inseparable pair too. I was looking forward to seeing Nneoma though. I hurried to my Bugatti Veryon hoping to keep the front seat just for her. I waited a good seven minutes in the car and just when I was about to drive out the front seat swung open. It was Marylyn. One of Nneoma's friends. I wonder where she was though.

"Hey Bassey", May greeted happily " so Dele said you invited us for lunch. What's the occasion?" She asked but I just stared at her. She knows all too well that I don't talk too much . I guess she realized I wasn't going to answer her so she moved on to explain.

"So Faith and I will ride with you while Doris will ride with Dele". She announced much to my despair. I masked it though. I'll just have to find out for myself why Nneoma didn't come with us . Then again I don't think she likes me and knowing her that's good enough reason.

"Wahala for who no love oh" I murmured referring to Dele and his girl Doris. They made such a cute pair I'll have to admit. He's was so smitten by her. She was quite beautiful, smart and graceful too.

"I know right. They keep oppressing us with their love", May said "How come you are single though?"

"Who says I'm single?", I asked lowly as I leaned in to kiss her squarely on her lips . I love this place.Welcome to LASU . The place to be when you are not there.