Chapter 4 ❤️

Bassey's POV

It's been two weeks since our annual Faculty fund raiser and by now everyone was quite aware that Nneoma Happiness Okoli had one foot in the grave. And it was driving me crazy. I didn't know how to deal with what I was feeling. I knew I liked her  but I never really knew how much until now. Plus there probably was never going to be anything between us seeing as she and Dele seemed to have something going on.

Bro Code 101: Your friend's babe is off limits.

Dele walked in just then dressed to the nines.

"Bro where to?"

"Actually I'm going to see Nne. I haven't seen her in two days since I went out of town." He said brushing up his waves.

"Ok nau make I give you leg"

"Ok oh but Na you go drive oh. I no get patience for all this yeye Lagos drivers today"

I got dressed hurriedly hoping that I don't betray my feelings in front of my best friend and Nneoma. I just wanted to make sure that she was ok. Even if it were from a distance.

I walked into the car and to the passenger seat . Dele came out looking at me with a bored look.

" guy hurry oh. Make traffic no hold us" I yelled honking while he just stood. I knew I was getting under his skin Buh who cares. Lol!
We stopped at the Mall to get something's for our patient before continuing to her place. She lived at Mafoluku Rd Oshodi and with all the traffic and stops we got there two hours later.

I rushed out with some of the things we bought while Dele found parking space .
I rang the bell and was welcomed by an irritated Nneoma.

"Oh Bassey! Is that you?"

"No oh. Na my papa ghost be this." I mocked  "Abeg commot for road jorrrr" . I said letting myself in. She laughed and lightly punched me on my arm. Just then Dele walked in and she turned to him. They stared at each other for what felt like eternity. Before she ran into his arms like she'd missed him with her life. They hugged each other for a while Dele showered her with forehead kisses as she kept hugging him tight . It wasn't until they both pulled away from each other that I noticed they were teary eyed. They spoke in hushed tones with Dele uttering what I presumed were words of assurance and prayers too. I couldn't help but look on as I realized in that moment, that I would have given anything to be Dele .