Prologue

"We did it." Ladybug said, turning to her partner. 

"Yeah. We did." Chat smiled at her. "We really did." 

Ladybug beamed. Hawkmoth was finally gone, and Paris was free from his clutches. People would be able to express their emotions without fear of being akumatized. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. 

After a moment, she opened them and turned to Chat once more. 

"Couldn't have done it without you. Pound it?" She held up her fist for him. 

"Pound it." He replied, giving it a bump. Ladybug let out a giggle. 

"Bug out!" she stated, giving him a salute before swinging away.

The next few years were havoc. Over the past few months, Chat had gotten over his crush on Ladybug, becoming much happier. Marinette also got over her crush and threw herself into her design work, determined to get into Gotham University. 

So, when Ladybug and Chat decided the time was right to reveal themselves, they joked and laughed about how they hadn't seen it earlier and decided to keep in touch, as friends. Marinette discovered that she had gotten into Gotham U and was ecstatic. She was sad, however, that a lot of her friends were moving as well. She promised to stay in touch with each and every one of them. And so she embarked, on a journey to the future. 

The day that Marinette turned 18, Tikki revealed to her that she would now be able to transform into any animal she wishes. It was common for Marinette to turn into a cat, bird, or some other creature to get places when she was running late. Marinette loved Gotham, making a ton of new friends and visiting her old ones. She became well known for her distinctive designing style and was approached by many who wished to work with her. 

Marinette had a perfect life, and she wouldn't change it for anything. But this all changed when one day, one of Marinette's earrings fell and cracked. Unbeknownst to her, this was fatal.....

Why, hello there reader! It is I, Sunyy. Hope that you liked the prologue. I'm excited for this. Like, really excited. This is my first fanfic after all! Anyways, I hope you have an awesome rest of your day. Much luv, Sunyy.

(BTW, Mari is 19 in this AU and Damien is 20. Hope this clears things up.)