9 - In which Marinette is smug and makes a frenemy.

So cute. Just, so cute. AAAALLLLLLFFFFRRRREEEEEEDDD. 

*-* Yeah no it's still Wednesday *-*

~A L F R E D (T H E - C A T) - P. O. V.~

Alfred was minding his own business on a peaceful day, having left the house for an excursion a few days ago when he saw his favorite sunning spot being taken up by another cat.

He was offended. Of course, he was offended! He leaves for three days and gets replaced! Alfred quickly ran to Damian, who was sitting in an armchair across the room and plopped into his lap, kneading his paws into Damian's stomach.

"Alfred," Damian said, sparing him a glance before going back to his book. Alfred meowed before leaping over to the new cat.

"Who are you?!" he demanded, his tail waving about in fury. The other cat opened her eyes and stared at him lazily.

"I'm Coccinella. Actually, I'm Marinette, but they don't know that yet." Alfred was very confused.

"What do you mean, they don't know that yet?!" The she-cat rolled her eyes.

"I mean, I was using some malfunctioning magic and got turned into a cat. I was originally a human. Also, the Waynes are trying to find Marinette, but the joke's on them 'cuz she's living in their house. It's a whole thing." Alfred was very, very confused now, but shrugged (wait can cats shrug? What would that look like?) and walked away. Before leaving, however, he turned and said.

"It's fine. Just...don't take all the good sunny spots." 

"Oh, I won't!" Marinette smoothly replied, amusement evident in her voice. He scowled (What would that look like on a cat?!) and leaped away.

Over the course of the next two days, Alfred grew more and more impatient with Marinette's presence. When he wanted Damian (or anyone really) to give him some belly rubs, Marinette was already there, sitting in their lap. While he was confined to Damian's room most of the time, Marinette had the whole house to herself. It was really quite awful. Alfred decided something had to be done.

Alfred had no real opinion on Titus. He was obedient, and was an okay housemate. He'd take him over Marinette any day. 

"Titus! I need your help!" Alfred cautiously approached the lazing dog. 

"With what?" He stared at him, his head quirked.

"It's that Coccinella. She's stealing everybody." Titus furrowed his doggy eyebrows. 

"I don't know. She seemed kinda nice. She actually knows how to give belly rubs, and let me tell you, they are amazing-" 

"Whatever. I'll just get rid of her myself." Alfred stalked off to find Marinette. 

He found her in a lounge chair in the library, soaking up the evening sun. As he approached, she opened both her bright blue eyes and hopped up to him.

"Ah, Alfred. I need to talk to you." Questioningly, he sat down. 

"You see, I need your help. As much as I love being a cat, I would much rather be my human self again. So, let's make a deal. You help me turn into a human, and I'll get out of your hair. Fur. Whatever. I'll be out of your way. Okay?" Alfred contemplated the suggestion for a moment. 

"Deal."

Hello my lovelies!! At long last, I have returned! Ya girl is now fully vaccinated and back from vacation. After much contemplation, I have decided to update once a week. I feel that if I have a proper updating schedule, I'll be less likely to go months without writing. And for those of you who read my one-shots book, I have something coming soon for that as well! If you don't mind, please vote and/or comment, as those really make my day <3 (Also, 5.5k views?! What?! jdsafjsdk i'm so happy). Stay safe, 

Sunyy out!