Chapter 2 - 3 Months Ago

TW: There's a little bit in the section Day 4 where Lil indirectly mentions being abused, please be warned. 

Also wowie this is quite long.

"Skylar."

Skie looked up as Mrs. Wheaton walked over to her desk. It had taken Skie a couple months to stop feeling awkward, but the woman had pulled her aside the first week of the school year and assured her that the past was the past. Not that Skie actually bought that, but the way Mrs. Wheaton had treated her since then proved her sincerity.

"Yes ma'am?"

"You're wanted in the Headmistress' office."

Madi glanced over at her. "What did you do?"

"What did I do?" Skie repeated the question. 

Mrs. Wheaton smiled. "I believe this time is a good thing. I would recommend bringing your bag, though."

"Okay." Skie nervously grabbed her backpack and walked down the hall, wondering what the Headmistress could want. What's a good thing?

Skie entered the office and the secretary smiled at her. "Head right in, Ms. Matthews."

Skie gave a small smile back, tapped on the door of the study, and entered. She couldn't help but give a sigh of relief when she walked in to see Hazel and Lil already there. So that's what this is.

"Hello, Ms. Matthews. No need to worry, you are not in trouble."

"Thank you, Headmistress."

"Ms. Jamison and Ms. VanGrayson have just been here discussing with me the possibility of you being head girl next year. I must say, it is rather unusual to have two people come into the head meeting."

Hazel smirked with satisfaction. Lil seemed to notice and rolled her eyes at Skie with a smile.

"So, Ms. Matthews, I am in agreement with their choice. Your grades and behavior records this year have been admirable. Therefore, I would like to formally offer you the position of Head Girl for the next school term."

Skie took a deep breath. "Thank you, ma'am. I accept."

The Headmistress smiled. "Excellent. Over the next several weeks, you will meet with Lilian for training. I trust the two of you can work out a schedule together."

"I'll be there too." Hazel smirked when Lil nodded quickly.

"As you wish, Hazel. It is between the three of you." The headmistress looked as though she was holding back a smile.

"Do you have any questions that you want to ask, Skie?" Lil looked towards Skie.

"Um, not that I know of."

"Well, we're both here to answer any questions that you might come up with." Hazel gave Skie a warm smile.

"Indeed they are, as am I if there is anything that they cannot answer. Once your training is completed, we will have another meeting where we will sign all the forms and make things official, and then you will be announced, although I'm sure that the school grapevine will get the news around by then." The headmistress finally gave a smile.

"I understand, ma'am."

The Headmistress stood up and held out her hand to Skie. "I'm sure it will be a pleasure to work with you, Ms. Matthews."

Skie felt her face flush as she shook the headmistress' hand. "Thank you, ma'am."

"All right, the three of you may go and figure out your schedule. Please try to have the training done fully by next Friday."