Chapter 10 - The First Time

AN: This chapter contains the spanking of a preteen, you've been warned.

When Skie rolled out of bed the next morning, she felt optimistic. It was Friday, which was always a good thing, and she'd gotten the chance to talk with Hazel the night before, which was even better. She wasn't too worried about meeting with Mrs. Thompson anymore, in any case.

"A diagnosis can only help, because it's proof of what we already suspect. It's not a bad thing."  Hazel's words floated around in her head as she got dressed.

Maybe it isn't a bad thing. Then Dad can't deny that I have a valid reason for having problems.

Skie pulled a comb through her hair and thought about the other part of her talk with Hazel; the part about Nikki.

"She's a brat, and she's pushing your limits. Just keep doing what you're doing, if she sees that you mean business, she'll respect you."

Skie sighed. I hope Hazel's right about that. Actually, what I really hope is that I don't see Nikki at all today.

Now ready for the day, Skie waited a few minutes for Danielle to finish doing her hair, and then the two roommates waited for Hannah and Madi to join them so that they could walk down to breakfast. As Skie sat waiting with Dani, she wondered if she should tell her friends about her being tested for anxiety.

They probably don't need to know right now. I can tell them when it actually happens, chances are one of them will see that I got pulled out of class. It might not be for a couple weeks, no sense in getting them all concerned.

"You in there, Skie?"

Skie jumped. "What?"

"I said, Hannah and Madi are ready." Danielle looked concerned. "You ok?"

Skie nodded quickly. "Yeah. Just not completely awake yet." She followed her friend out of the room, resolving to pay more attention to her surroundings. Yeah, definitely shouldn't get them any more concerned than they already seem to be.

Turning her attention away from her problems, Skie joined in joking with her friends, keeping an eye out on the hallways for any signs of trouble that she'd have to deal with. Once again, she hoped she wouldn't have to deal with anyone. Especially Nikki.

Unfortunately, she wasn't quite that lucky.

The four girls were only a couple feet from the cafeteria when Skie stopped dead in her tracks, staring ahead of her in absolute exasperation.

"What is it?" Madi asked, nearly tripping over Skie.

Skie kept her eyes locked forward. "Danielle, grab me a muffin. Or cereal or whatever. I'm going to be a bit late to breakfast."

Dani raised her eyebrows at Skie's almost dangerous tone. "What's going on."

"Oh my god." Madi caught sight of what Skie was staring at.

Hannah and Dani noticed, and Danielle's eyes shot up even higher while Hannah tried to hold back a giggle. "What does she think she's doing?"

Nicolette McCarthy was walking across the cafeteria in the same bright pink sundress that Skie had seen her wearing when she'd come to visit the school. Her green and blue striped school tie was knotted neatly around her neck, but other than that, she wore no part of her uniform.

Skie marched quickly across the cafeteria and blocked Nikki from sitting at a table, but couldn't come up with a single word to say. She looked down at the younger girl with a stern expression.

Nikki stared up at her with a blank, innocent expression. After a few moments, she spoke.

"I'm wearing my tie correctly."