ᴄʜ.𝟺 - ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴇɴᴄᴏᴜɴᴛᴇʀ

Weeks have gone by, the temperature was elevating and the hot wind was making itself felt on the skin of the population. Y/n woke up on a warm morning, moving the few light covers aside and gently laying their feet on the ground. Touching the cold floor, the adolescent yawned and stretched their arms; first to the side then all the way up, grunting a bit. "what time is it?" they mumbled, rubbing their left eye and reaching the phone on the bedside table with the right hand. The phone's screen lit up before y/n could touch its material, so she became curious and took it: it was a message from Kou.

Kou(。•́︿•̀。)♡ : "good morning, y/n!!"

-it read-

Kou(。•́︿•̀。)♡ :"i know it's a bit early, but I wanted to ask you if we could meet at that one pretty cafeteria near school! Do you wanna meet there in...I don't know, maybe half an hour?"

y/n looked at the screen and read the same text three times before realizing and smiling.

y/n♡

"sure! I think I'll be ready by that time"

Kou was brushing his teeth and when the notification' sound ringed, the same time the screen lit up, so did his eyes "y/n answered!!" he thought happily while a pleasant sensation filled his chest. He read the text and a small blush appeared on his cheek

Kou(。•́︿•̀。)♡

"great! I'll see you there then!"

Y/n was dressing up and going downstairs when her friend's text popped up on the screen.

y/n♡

"see you there Prince Charming,,♡"

After some time y/n was walking to the cafeteria where the two agreed to meet, while listening to some music. She arrived first, Kou arrived some minutes later "good morning, y/n-san!" they looked at their friend and smiled "what's with the "-san" thing?" they giggled "do you perhaps need the answers to another test?" Kou looked at them and smiled. "Very funny. But no, this time I won't need them!" he responded "I just wanted to walk with you to school..!" he said, rubbing the back of his neck. Y/n noticed his face expression and nodded "Let's go then, or we might be late" they answered and began walking with their classmate and friend.

While walking, Kou noticed y/n was wearing earbuds and got curious "what's y/n's favourite genre??" he thought, now wanting to listen. "What are you listening to?" he asked "oh, just some songs..." She unlocked her phone and paused the music, then offered the boy an earbud "wanna listen?" y/n's lips were curled in a kind smile as Kou noticed and nodded, accepting the offer "that would be nice". He leaned the small white piece connected to a string in his ear and began listening.

Some time later the two arrived at school and Kou passed y/n the other earbud as she was putting her belongings in the school bag. "It was nice listening to your playlist, we should do it more often!!" Kou turned to them with a toothy grin, then walked to change shoes, so did the other student. "...more often..." y/n thought, as a soft smile was placed on her lips "Yeah...that would be nice" she whispered, then walked to the drawer that contained the school' shoes, then changed them and met again with the blonde boy at the entrance "we should go!" he said, then walked in the halls with y/n to his side "aahh, we have english...I'm sure I failed again!" he sighed "you did your best to pass all the answers, but I gave the teacher the test paper with half the correct answers..." y/n looked at him and leaned a hand on his shoulder "i'm sure you'll do better next time" she smiled.

"I have chemistry now, so I'm headed the other way" she leaned in, giving a quick peck on Kou's cheek "good luck!" the medium tall student smiled and walked away, waving and heading towards the class she was about to attend.