ᴄʜ.𝟻 - ᴀ ᴠɪsɪᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏsᴘɪᴛᴀʟ

The rest of the school day for the poor young boy was really boring.

Not getting the chance to meet y/n at lunch, during breaks or classes, felt like torture; though he could see his senpai and Hanako, but without y/n, the day felt greyer. "..ou.." something echoed "Kou..!" Kou was thinking only of y/n and their wellbeing after what her father told him "MINAMOTO KOU!!" Yokoo's voice shouted, making Kou flinch in his seat "you finally woke up, man." Satou said, looking at his friend "oh, sorry guys...I zoned out, did you say something?" he seemed to have just awakened from a deep sleep "The bell rang ten minutes ago..." Satou told him "yeah!" Yokoo added "don't you have to bring y/n her bags? You already have cleaning duties, you'll be late if you don't hurry!" Kou remembered what happened some hours ago and something in him seemed to shatter "oh, right...y/n's bags." He looked next to his seat and saw a brown school bag and a sack with a pair of sneakers. "I have to go." He said with a serious tone as he grabbed the bags and walked away, not even bidding goodbye to his friends.

The blonde exorcist walked to the old school's bathroom and met with Yashiro who noticed his attitude "are you ok?" she leaned a hand on his shoulder to make sure he was feeling alright "you look distraught..." Kou looked at her and sighed, keeping close y/n's bags "yeah...can't seem to stay focused." "is it because of what happened this morning?" she asked. The boy looked at her and nodded "...yeah.." After that the two remained silent and arrived at the bathroom "guys!" Hanako called the two "What took you so long? C'mon it's cleaning duty time!!" The ghost boy said with a cheerful tone of voice, handing Yashiro a bucket and a mop, while Kou just grabbed a cloth and a spray to clean the glass after laying the bags on the ground near the door.

"I think y/n can see me" Hanako said out of the blue, thinking out loud. Kou immediately turned around and looked a lot worried "what do you mean?" the blonde asked, suspicious "I mean, I was in the infirmary some time ago, right when the lady inside told you to get out, and she was about to take her shirt off, but she turned around to check and looked at me right in the eyes." Kou listened to his ghost friend and was about to slap him "of course I wouldn't have minded to stay in, but since she looked too fragile-" Hanako couldn't finish his phrase Kou had his staff in his hands "what." he smiled, as the staff began sparkling with energy "I-I WALKED OUT, I SWEAR I SWEAR!!" Yashiro giggled a bit, looking at the scene, but then she got back to cleaning the floor and humming her favourite song.

"So you're saying they might have a sixth sense?" Kou asked Hanako, who was sitting on the windowsill. The ghost boy looked at him but turned around, facing the colorful glass and looking outside "...or might have a short lifespan." He answered sincerely. Silence filled the room and a weird feeling embraced the three of them. Kou's eyes told all. Knowing the truth, he was worried for his crush and their short lifespan. "A short lifespan?" asked the only girl, breaking the uncomfortable silence "what do you mean by that?" Kou looked at the ground, not facing her. "It's like you, Yashiro..." the exorcist thought, but as he was about to speak up, Hanako took word in it "it means what I said. She either has a sixth sense, which is something rare for a common living person if they're not an exorcist like Kou and his family, or  she has a short lifespan, which means she would die in a year or so."

"oh." Hanako's words hurt more than Kou thought they would. A shaky breath escaped his lips and excused himself "I'll see you tomorrow." he mumbled, putting the spray and the cloth on a sink. "Kou-kun..." Yashiro called him, but the boy walked out, ignoring her "why did you say it like that?" she turned around to Hanako "I don't think there is a better way to say it." Yashiro thought about it and turned around, continuing to clean the bathroom.

In the meantime Kou was walking in the halls. He didn't want to lose them. They were way too important to let fate take her from him. He walked briskly to the exit, then changed his shoes and hurried outside, with y/n's house as destination.