Chapter 4: Australia

The plane had landed, and Charlie was packing up her things and ready to get off the plane. The whole time Bradley Simspon would not stop talking to her. It was like he was a talking machine.

"Wait. I need your number." Brad nudged me. "I can't let you go after all that."

"We just talked." Charlie shrugged. She thought that having his number would be great, but she didn't know if she wanted anything to do with celebrities. She had spent her whole childhood dreaming of marrying celebrities, like Tom Felton, Pierre Bouvier and Pete Wentz. But they only broke her heart. Even though the possibility of marrying Bradley Simpson was zilch. She still wondered. Maybe he just wanted to be friends.

"If you have a number I could call you on when I get back to England that would be great." He suggested.

"I'll give you my Australian number." I said, grabbing his arm and pen and writing it on hand. "Text me, I don't answer calls."

"Alright. I'll text you then. Seeya." He waved, and that was it. Bradley got up and walked off the plane. The rest of his band and crew had already gone on ahead. Charlie packed up her things, and left a few minutes later.

After another 14 hours of sitting uncomfortably on an airplane, for Charlie now in economy class. She finally reach her destination she had gone through customs, with no hick-ups at all. To her suprise. She then had picked up her luggage and bought herself McDonalds cookies and she went off the the pick up section at Tullamarine Airport.

"Bro." Someone said as they tapped her shoulder. Charlie turned around and embraced the person.

"Fuck, I missed you a tonne." Charlie greeted her friend. "I'm so fucking proud of you Shania. You blow me away."

Shania patted Charlie's back and released her from the hug. "You don't know how much I missed you." She giggled.

"I missed you too." Said a dark haired boy.

"Jason." Charlie smiled at the boy then looked at her other friend, a brunette haired girl with piercing blue eyes who stood there awkwardly. "Rebecca." She pointed at her and ran up to the girl pushing her backwards.

"I can't believe you came." Charlie laughed at her friend, "You wouldn't believe what happened to me."

"You wouldn't believe what happened to me." Rebecca replied.

"Alright, sorry to say, but we have 5 minute parking we gotta go." Shania disrupted them. Her friend picked up her bag and lifted into the boot of the car. "Off we go."

The four of them got inside the car, Charlie sitting up front with Rebecca driving the car.

"So sis, how was England?" Asked Jason.

"Better than I thought. Anyway we can talk about this later. More importantly, I met Bradley Simpson." Charlie announced.

"Oh geez." Replied Rebecca. "What did you do, freak out and run away? Crawl up into a ball and cry? Or what classic Charlie would do, snog him."

"What's with you?" Charlie huffed. "You're still on?" 

Jason coughed, "Off topic, so how did you meet him?"

"He sat across from me and wouldn't stop talking, now he has my number." Charlie shrugged. Secretly quite proud of herself.

Shania and Jason both laughed at the same time.

"Well done, now sweep him away and you'll be dating next minute." Jason said, still laughing.

"How?" Charlie asked cluelessly. She had never dated a guy, never kissed a guy, never anything with a guy. She had only dated a girl, who broke her heart and they never talked again.

"You'll work it out." Shania winked, and patted Charlie on the leg, even though she was driving. "I mean look at me. I've even shagged famous people. I wasn't even drunk."

So for the rest of the car trip, the four discussed work and anything that came to mind. They talked about the new music Jason and Shania's band were producing and how they wanted Charlie to feature in one of them. 

"No." Charlie replied straight away.

"Awh come on, the fans miss you." Jason pleaded.

"I left, I can't just come back. I'll seem desperate." Charlie wined.

"Firstly, too bad. You're already singing with us on Saturday. Secondly we're going straight to mine, we're practising. We're singing our last cover we sang together." Shania announced. 

"Um, what about me? I have places to be too." Rebecca interrupted.

Shania rolled her eyes. "You're coming. Moral support dude."

Charlie looked over at her friend, she knew she couldn't let her down so she nodded her head. She didn't think that two years after leaving her band she would be back singing with them, even if it was only one song. That meant she would see Bradley sooner than she thought. Her old band was playing as the first act at their Melbourne concert. 

Charlie used to be the Bass player and backup vocalist in her old band called The Teenage Kickers. Named after her favourite song by The Undertones. Her brother Jason played the Electric and sang backup. Shania was the Lead vocalist as well as any type of guitar they needed and lastly their Drummer, the stoner Kelly, who Charlie liked to call Buns. Buns had big boobs that bounced when she played the drums and that was the reason why half the male fans loved her.