Chapter 5: Practice

It was 2 hours later and Charlie felt like she had been singing for more than a day. She was tired and her throat was sore. This is what she got for not singing in 2 years.

"Well that's a warp." Said the bands new bassist. 

"Eh." Charlie moaned and took off her guitar and stumbled onto the couch.

The bands new bassist was a blue haired boy named Chandler. He was French Model quality type guy. Extremely good looking with his perfect jawline and piercing green eyes. He reminded Charlie of Harry Potter without the glasses and blue hair.

"Nice to finally meet you." Chandler smiled, showing off his white teeth.

Charlie just nodded back, and made herself comfortable on the couch and closed her eyes.

"Your doing the fans a huge favour by playing. Even if it's only to Melbourne." Chandler said. 

"Don't talk to her." Jason mumbled as he walked past. "Once shes on that couch you can't talk to her."

Chandler laughed, not understanding what Jason meant. Ofcourse he didn't know Charlie. This was the first time he had met her. 

"It's pretty cool to play alongside you, you were the heart of the band." Chandler continued talking. 

Charlie didn't respond only listening to him. This was her silent couch. Where she always slept after practise. She was glad her friends had kept it.

"You really shouldn't talk to her, she'll punch you. Trust me." Buns said, grabbing Chandler and dragging him away from Charlie. "That's her couch. I thought I told you."

Chandler shrugged. "Whatever." And picked up his bass and walked off. 

It was a week later, The band was back from Sydney their first gig with The Vamps. Charlie was in the car on the way to Festival Hall, the venue. The Vamps, Short Stack and her friends had gotten their earlier, on time. Charlie was classically late, like usual. She got out of the car once it pulled into the garage out back. There were some girls waiting outside the barrier but since the windows were tinted they didn't who it was. They just screamed and waved, probably thinking it was someone important.

Charlie got out of the car, picked up her Guitar and followed the Security man to the dressing room, she passed Short Stacks room on the way, she could hear screaming coming from inside. 

"Here." The Security guard said as he pointed at the door. 

Charlie nodded and opened it up, stepping inside.

"I was hoping to see you again." Said a familiar voice. Charlie looked up, it was Bradley. "Sorry I never called, but you wrote in pen and it washed off."

"I thought this was my change room." Charlie said awkwardly.

"No it is, your band is on stage already, warming up. You should go." Bradley grinned, getting up. "I've heard loads about you."

"Oh great." Charlie mumbled following Brad to the stage.

"I heard you picked up the wrong guitar and played a whole song flat once." Brad laughed.

"Oh geez. I hate my friends." Charlie sighed, rubbing her temple. "That was something I'd like to not be reminded of."

"I've got more to remind you of." Brad stopped walking and smiled at me. "Well here is the stage." 

"Thanks." Charlie nodded at him. Brad nodded back and followed behind, but instead of walking onto the stage he went and stood in the area out front of the stage, the soon to be mosh pit.

"Hey Charlie. Late like usual." Shania greeted her friend.

"Mhm..." Charlie groaned, giving her bass to one of the stage managers.

Alright, we have 10 minutes to warm up, then we practise for something like 20 minutes then we perform after Short Stack, so an hour after that." Shania read. "Easy."

The stage manager came back and gave Charlie's guitar back. "All tuned and hooked up."

"Nice." Charlie replied and strum a chord on her bass.

"Ok guys! Lets start with the first song, Break Your Little Heart, then Teenage Kicks." The bands new manager yelled who was standing next to Brad.

Shania looked over at Charlie and whispered. "Make sure you don't overpower Chandler and make sure you keep in time with him. I know you aren't good with that."

"Whatever." Charlie shrugged and the practise began.

Brad stood there watching as Charlie was playing the guitar, and singing the backup vocals to the song. It was the first time he saw her not being shy, other than watching her on youtube. Brad had spent the two days on tour with Charlies band and already learnt so many things about her from her friends. Watching her sing on youtube made Bradley feel tingly inside, he had never felt that way before. But watching Charlie sing right in front of him, made Brad feel in a way he couldn't describe.