Choromatsu x Soulmate!Reader

(There is some heavy mentions of explicit material towards the end, but there are no NSFW scenes.)

I've always been told that seeing the red string tightly wound around my finger was supposed to be a thrilling experience, driving a desperate need to travel in the direction that the string was pointing towards.

However, I could only stare across the round table in shock, the little red string around my left ring finger tugging towards the man sitting directly across from me. He was laughing along with the five other men that were identical to him, pointing at someone sitting near him with his chopsticks before taking a long swing of his drink.

Choromatsu was the third eldest of the sextuplet brothers, the signature green color dyeing his button-up shirt and emboldening the plaid design. Grabbing some meat from the hot pot dinner in the middle of the table, his eyes closed happily as laughter rolled around the table once more before opening them to glance over at me. The giddiness disappeared from his face slowly until he finally registered the shock and horror on my face.

"(Y/n), what's wrong?" Choromatsu's concern silenced the table, the other brothers looking towards me as they all began to mimic his worried expression.

"You don't look so good," The youngest brother quickly pressed the back of his hand against my forehead, pulling it away before setting his dinnerware down, "There's no fever that I can feel."

"Actually, Todomatsu," I grabbed a hold of the excuse and ran with it, "I am starting to feel a bit under the weather. I'll head back to my hotel room and rest. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day."

Todomatsu screwed his lips up in thought before glancing over at the eldest brother, clad in his signature red sweatshirt, "If you're sure of it. We've always got a room available for you if you want."

"No, really," I set down my half-eaten food, which was instantly grabbed and finished by the second-youngest sextuplet, "I just need...some peace and quiet for the night."

"You just got into town, though," The eldest stood up with me, "I'm sure our parents would love to see you in the morning."

"Thanks, Osomatsu..." I tried waving to the brothers to go back to their meal, "I'll stop by in the morning."

"Need one of us to walk you to your hotel?" The second eldest offered, his thick eyebrows barely pinching together in concern.

"Nope, all good," I felt the string on my finger tug harder towards Choromatsu like it was trying to get my attention, "The food was delicious, though. Jyushimatsu can have my portion, so don't worry about that."

"Really?" The aforementioned brother propped himself up on the table, his smile wide and giddy as he brazenly took my plate and filled it up with food again, "Thanks, (y/n)!"

"You're welcome and sleep well, guys!" I closed the front door behind me, my jacket and shoes in my arms as I scrambled to leave the house. The string tightened itself around my finger in protest as I quickly ran down the street to the hotel.

----

The running water slowly cooled, causing me to nearly jump from the large bathtub in shock. I quickly rinsed out the conditioner in my hair before shutting off the waterflow, grabbing the hotel towel and rubbing my damp hair vigorously as I stepped out into the bathroom.

My hands slowed as I stared at the red string still firmly attached to my ring finger, knowing who was on the other end.

Choromatsu and I had been extremely close our whole lives, remaining in contact while I was away at university, but I couldn't see us being soulmates. Fate, however, seemed to have a different idea and must've been laughing its head off when it decided to reveal the red string at the dinner table.