Reunion PT1 [NEllis][L4D2]

Requested by: letmeread222

Warnings: Maybe some angst? A little bit of angst?

Note: This request was really fun to write! Gave me nostalgia for my old l4d books!

Plot: Jealously among lovers! Such a classic!

.-----.

Ellis didn't know what to expect once he and the gang made it to New Orleans. Perhaps it was the same as everywhere else: Filled with zombies. He sure hoped it wasn't the case and thankfully it wasn't! However, he'll rather have that ending than being separated from Nick. After being saved, the gang was split up from each other, being brought to three different health areas.

Ellis and Rochella went to the same hospital while Nick and Couch went to the other two. However, the hospital was strict about sharing rooms or visiting other patients. So between the testing, health exams, and all that crap, El and Roch only have seen each other through a window or walking to their rooms/exams. Ellis never felt this alone before. At least there were showers, something Ellis thought he'll never miss from before the Green Flu.

But finally, after at least two months of the same old tests, both El and Roch were finally able to leave. "Final' some fresh air!" Roch exclaimed, stretching her arms and legs on the steps of the building. "Yep, can't believe I'm about to say this but I frankly startin' missing those dead bastards!" Both El and Roch laughed, sitting down on the stairs. "Say, you think Nick and Couch are out too?" El asks, placing his hat on his head "I dunno, probably," Roch said.

The two talked for a bit longer before a half-beat-down red truck pulled up. The red paint was mostly pilled off, and the side of the truck seems like it was hit by a meteor.

Wait a minute, was that ...?

A man came out of the car, taller than both Ellis and Roch. His hair was long and rust-colored, and his clothes were coated in car oil. Most notably about the male's appearance was his right leg or the lack of a said leg. His leg was more mechanical-looking than realistic. "Keith?" Ellis hesitates, standing up but is nearly knocked back by Keith running into him.

"Ya okay!" Keith shouted, barely being able to lift his buddy up in the air. "Don't do that shit ever again!" Keith huffed, ruffled the shorter man's hair. "Keith! How are you still alive!?!?" Ellis beamed, so happy to see his best friend is still kickin'. "Who cares!" Keith exclaimed, "So glad you're not zombie beef jerky!" Then Keith's eyes made their way to Rochella, and he let loose a dorky grin.

"Why, hello pretty lady." Roch rolled her eyes as Ellis laughed at Keith flirting "skills". After some exactions between the three, Keith began to start driving back to residents. Roch was mostly asleep through the drive as Keith and Ellis talked. "So, how did ya make it? After the fire n' all," Ellis asked. The last time the two last seen each other was during the hotel and the fire separated them from each other.

"Well, after I couldn't find a way to the roof, I went back down and fought my way out. Then I met some new friends. Owe my ass to them." Keith explained, turning his look away from the road and to El. "How about you? How did you survive the past few months?" Keith was curious about his friend and wanted to know about his stories out there. "Well shoot, same as you, I guess, met some new friends, obviously." Ellis looked over to Roch's sleeping form. "No way just the two ya survived out there by yourselves." Keith thought out loud but winced as soon as those words came out of his mouth. "Yer right at that, Couch, and my boyfriend, Nick." Keith's mouth was wide open, not believing his friend. "No way in darn hell-" Keith stop once he saw Roch start to stir in her sleep.