Babysitting [Din Djarin] [Baby Yoda] [The Mandalorian]

Din Djarin + Teen! Reader + Baby Yoda

Warnings: My knowledge of the SW universe is very limited so some things may be inaccurate, maybe a little cringe but we all need some cringe to live,

Notes: [A/N]

Plot: Who needs to hire a babysitter when you got a crackhead on board-

Relationship Status: Platonic/Family-based relationship

.-----.

[Y/N], ever since he was young, taught himself how to work around nearly any firearm. He was fairly popular, mostly known as "The kid that fixes armor and also shoots nearly everything that moves.". No one knows for sure when this fixation stems from but they didn't question it because it's better to have one semi-professional gunman than none at all. I mean, hell, he even somehow convinced a Mandalorian to take him with him on his adventures. By "convinced", I mean [Y/N] sneak on board his ship and stayed like a cockroach.

But at least he was proved to be not entirely useless, [Y/N] knows his ways around armor and treating a few nasty injuries here and there. Sure he was a bit immature, but he's demonstrated over and over again that he can be knowledgeable and useful to the Mandalorian.

Which made the Mandalorian current request feel degrading.

"Who do I look like to you? A babysitter?!?!" [Y/N] shouted, holding the Child up in the air. "I just need to get some new requirement and I don't trust this planet- cross that-" The Mandalorian fiercely pointed his finger towards the teenager. "-I don't trust you for both of you to be running around," He explained, fixing his new hostler. "Plus the people here seem they are very ... severe." The Mandalorians explanation didn't seem to cool [Y/N]'s nerves. "What you mean, I'm a very trustworthy guy!" Even with the mask, [Y/N] could tell The Mandalorian was judging him hard.

"..."

"..."

"I watched you try to steal a gun from a Jawa once after I explicitly told you not to," He recalled, the memory replayed in his head. "It was a cool looking gun though you can't lie about that!" [Y/N] argued, crossing his arms. "We nearly got killed," Mandalorian said, eyeing down a healing claw scratch on the boy's forearm. "Still a cool looking gun." [Y/N] stuck his tongue out. The Mandalorian gave [Y/N] a glance, that one a parent gives their child when they refuse to do they are told.

"Watch. The. Child." He said sternly, before leaving the ship. "Watch the child!" [Y/N] responded, mocking the Mandalorian, before turning his attention towards the little green burger. "I mean, I can take care of a little kid, how hard can it be!" [Y/N] grinned, innocent from the hellish hours that'll be laid out abound him. The first few hours were fine, if not, mostly boring. [Y/N] spent most of his time studying the ship and explaining to the child different ideas he could do to alter it.

The child didn't understand much but he still listened. Trying to find stuff to do with basically a toddler is harder than you'll think. .The child slept after an hour of [Y/N] talking and fixing the broken guns currently on the ship. [Y/N]'s stomach growled and figured he could wait until after fixing the firearms to eat.

Wait, why does that not sound right-

Oh yeah, the child!

Oh god, the child!

[Y/N] jumped and rushed over to where the Child usually slept. He searched through the heavy blankets and found nothing. "Kid!" [Y/N] screamed, right as the lights turned a flashing red. "Oh shoot- Kid!" [Y/N[ shouted, rushing up the ladder. The ship was starting to lift up in the air when [Y/N] caught the evil eyes of the child.

"Kid!" [Y/N] lifted the Child up from the driver's seat and was quick to put the ship back on the ground. Looking through the window he was bystanders staring but was quick to continue on their way. [Y/N] signed and looked at the Child while they were leaving the room. "You're a brat you know that?" [Y/N] said, carrying the little green monster in one arm. The child looked up at him and stuck his tongue out!

"Hey! That's my thing you little womp rat!" [Y/N] was about to yell more but knew it would only end in a river of tears. He groaned, placing the little goblin down onto the floor before going to his little nap area. From under the blankets he pulled out a notebook. The journal was filled with ideas the young teenager had. The adored journal was old, and about to fall apart at any rough movements.

The teenager ripped a blank page out, and gave it to the child, alongside some pens. "I have no idea how to do this sorta thing so uhh," [Y/N] scratched his chin, spreading the oils on his face. The child grabbed the pen and tried to eat it. "No no, kid, you draw with it." [Y/N] pop the led off of one of the pens and drew a small stick man on the corner of the paper. The child's eyes widened as he copied the motion.

The two drew for about an hour before the Child yawned. "Tired hun?" [Y/N] said, lifting the child up. "Come here," He placed the child on his chest, continuing to write notes in his journal. The green booger whimpered, pointing at the door. "No, we can't go outside." [Y/N] signed, stopping drawing, and started to rub the child's ears.

The child whimpered, tears threatening to be released. "Don't worry, dad be home soon." [Y/N] explained, before continuing to draw.

Wait hold up.

[Y/N] was quick to sit up, a surprised expression on his face.

Did I really just call him dad?

[Y/N] was so lost in his thought and he almost didn't notice the Mandalorian coming through the door. "Took you long enough." [Y/N] complained, getting off from his seat and noticing the bag he was holding. The Mandalorian noticed the younger boy's gaze and traded him the bag for the now smiling Child. "We leaving." The Mandalorian spoke, heading up the ladder to the control. [Y/N] looked through the bag, which only had two bagged snacks and a new journal.

The new journal had a leather cover, and when looking through the inside, the paper was made out of a smooth material.

It was nice.

[Y/N] stayed quiet for a moment, before placing the bag onto the floor near his nap area. He'll have to thank dad- I mean, the Mandalorian later, for now, he was exhausted and desperately wanted to sleep.

.-----.

You just read: 1080 words!

Remember to drink water and wash your hands!