Part 5

Jungkook's POV

As soon as Jimin saw me though, his frowns were immediately visible, but he didn't run away.

He just stood by the car and waited for me to approach him, probably knowing he couldn't have outrun me even if he did try.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, and I didn't miss how he tried to cover his body by clutching the jacket closer to him.

"You're pregnant," I blurted out and he was surprised at my direct words, but he calmed down shortly after, like he had figured out that I'd probably heard it from his office.

"Yeah, so?" he diverted his eyes away from me, looking down to his shoes.

"The child's mine, right?" taking a step closer to the omega, towering him with my height, I got a sniff of his comforting scent, the one that calmed me down instantly the first time I met him, magically stopped my tears.

His scent was so calming.

"Considering I only sleep with you, what do you expect?" he told like it was nothing and I felt my anger fumed a bit since he didn't even try to meet my eyes.

"Jimin, answer me seriously," holding him by his arms firm, Jimin looked up to me with a sharp stare at my words.

"If you're afraid that I'd tell anyone who's the father, I won't," he spouted, and I tightened my grip on him, feeling angry that he thought of me like that.

"Do you think that's what I'm concerned about?!"

I was more concerned about him.

"Then what is? Don't tell me you're concerned about me because that's kind of bullshit, really" he let out a humorless chuckle and I wanted to tell him he wasn't wrong, but nothing came out from my mouth.

Why can't I say it?

Do I actually just care about me?

So that's why I rushed here?

Loosening my grip on Jimin, he quickly shrugged my hands off him and took a few steps back to give some distance between us.

"Please leave. I promise I won't let anyone know that the baby is yours, and the baby won't know too," he said last, and I felt my heart being pierced at his words, hurting more than I thought, that the baby won't be knowing me as the father.

Seeing Jimin turning away from me to leave, my body moved instinctively and grabbed his wrist, stopping him from going.

I didn't know why, but I couldn't let him leave.

No.

Don't leave.

"I'll be responsible for all the expenses for the baby," keeping my hands on his wrist, Jimin tried to pull away but I only tightened my hold.

"No, you don't have to," he shook his head, using his other hand to loosen my fingers around his wrist.

"I want to," pulling him closer to me, I felt a sense of calm washed through me as I had him close.

"You can't" he sounded hurt, and I frowned, not understanding why I couldn't support the baby's expenses.

"Why?"

"Just because,"

"Because of what, Jimin?" forcefully turning his body to face me, I was shocked to see his eyes.

They were filled with pain and tears.

"Because I started liking you, and I want to stop before my feelings got too deep, okay?!" he snapped, and trail of tears ran down his cheeks after his outburst.

"Ugh, I really don't want to cry over something like this," he mumbled while covering his face with his palms, and I was speechless again.

"Jimin, are you serious? You know I can't return your feelings since I still -,"

"I know, hence the reason I cut off our relationship. You still like him, and I know that I have no chance," he tried to stop his tears, but I saw that it was hard for him to do that.

Since when?

Since when did he liked me?

"I - ," no word left my mouth since I didn't know what to reply.

Was I still not healed from my heartbreak?

The truth is, I don't know.

"It's okay, I understand. Thanks for offering to support the baby, but please don't. It's going to be easier to forget you if I have nothing to do with you anymore," he finalized, and I was snapped out from my thoughts and focused on the inital issue we're discussing about.

No.

I won't let him leave.

"This is just not right," I mumbled, shaking my head at the one-sided decision made by the omega.

"What is?" he asked, had given up in trying to shake my hands off him and just stood there.

"Everything. So, you're telling me to forget about the baby just like this?" I looked to his eyes and Jimin wore such an unreadable expression on his face.

"Yes, I know you want to be responsible. You're a Jeon, responsibility runs in your blood. But please for just once, forget about us and don't make it harder for me to move on from you,"

"But the baby -"

"Please, Jungkook. I'm begging you. Please don't make it any harder for me, it won't be good for the baby as well" he begged, his eyes filled with so much desperation asking me to let him go, and again, no words left my mouth.

My hand loosened around his wrist eventually, and Jimin released himself, wiped his last tear before he walked away.

And I couldn't stop him this time.