Part 16

Jimin's POV

"Are you going to keep sulking?" Jungkook was driving me home after the event earlier, and I squinted my eyes at the alpha when he didn't look guilty at all after what he did.

"You told everyone you're my boyfriend. How will I go to work tomorrow?" I crossed my arms in front of my chest, turning my body to face him a little.

"You can still go. I can make sure they won't talk to you or disturb you to know about our relationship," he told calmly, and I raised one of my eyebrows at his statement.

"And how will you do that?" asking him skeptical, his answer shook me to the core as I heard him.

"Because I'll talk about it first. My company's working on a press conference now. I'll just send you home and later I'll inform the news about us to the media. But...you don't want it, do you?" he turned to me, stopping the car at the side of the road to talk more about this topic.

" I - Can't you cancel it?" frowning as I thought hard about what he was planning right now, I felt like everything was moving on too fast for my brain to process.

Can't we have a break first?

With a bite of Kit Kat, maybe?

Was everything always moving this fast for Jeon Corp?

"Then I'd have no power to protect you from random reporters. You know how they are these days, they know no boundary," Jungkook's words made me realized about the existence of the world of gossips, where the truth didn't matter and how harmful it would be once someone was targeted.

And in this case, the target would obviously be me.

"What about your parents?" I asked about the other obvious matter at hand, also wondering what would be the reaction of his parents.

"Have you read a story from Wattpad titled Fated?" he suddenly asked a question out of the topic and I frowned at his question.

What?

"What? No? Why would I?" I questioned, and it shocked me when Jungkook clicked his tongue at me for the first time ever.

"Tch, you got no jam, Jimin. Well, long story short, my mom was just like my mom in the story," he kept talking things I don't understand, and I blinked repeatedly at his words.

"Excuse me. I'm lost?" blurting out exactly what I was thinking at the moment, Jungkook looked at me with such disappointed look like I did something gravely wrong.

"Oh dear. Well, what I mean is that my mom loves it if I bring home a partner, and even more so if I tell her she's going to be a grandma soon," he told me in a statement I understood better, and I nodded at that.

"What about your dad?" I asked, thinking that maybe his dad will be having a different reaction.

"Same. He's just like in the story as well," Jungkook was back to talking ridiculous, and I shook my head, not understanding a thing he said.

"Pardon?" wrecking my brain but still failing to understand what he meant, Jungkook shook his head in disappointment again.

What did I do?!

"You should really read Fated. I'll show it to you when we get back home. Maybe you can read it while I'm gone for the press conference," his eyes sparkled a different kind of sparkle, and I just nodded, suddenly feeling like I needed to read the story not to disappoint this alpha even more.

(*a/n: sorry for the shameless promo. I was being lazy in finding a new character for Jungkook's parents, so I just took a shortcut. For anyone who didn't read Fated yet, you can do so to know more about Jungkook's parents. It's completed by the way ;D.)

Jungkook continued driving later on and we arrived home not long after.

"So, you're okay with me telling the media about you?" he asked again, and I just nodded as I let out a long breath.

"Sure, that's for the best for now I guess," undoing the seatbelt, I paused my movements when Jungkook held my hand.

"Thank you," he thanked, and I didn't really understand why he did actually.

He's thw one who's doing me a favor in protecting me from the media's harassment after all.

"Well, thank you too. I'm sorry for breaking the promise. That's just how I worked in the past, I sometimes forgot to eat just like that when I was buried with paperworks," feeling a little guilty for taking the promise lightly and easily breaking it, I was just thankful he didn't immediately report this to my mom.

I'd be on my way back to hometown right now if he did told mom about me.

"I'm sorry for telling them I'm your boyfriend too. I just suddenly got mad that you work until you forgot to eat. Like - you love eating the most back at home. You looked so pretty when you eat. How can you work so hard until you could forget to eat? Forget the thing you love? You shouldn't - there's a growing baby in your tummy. Won't the baby feel sad if you don't eat? I - uh - I'm sorry," Jungkook babbled long before he awkwardly apologized, and I couldn't held in my laugh even though I already bite down my lips.

Laughing out loud, I had to hold my stomach because I was laughing too hard until it hurts.

Jungkook blushed as he realized that he was the reason of my big laugh, but then just watched in concern when I didn't stop laughing after a few moments.

"Come on, Jimin. Stop laughing. It might be funny to you but I'm actually serious though. You have to take better care of yourself," he whined, and I took deep breath multiple times to stop the laugh.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I'll eat my lunch later," wiping the tears that managed to escape from the hilarious situation, Jungkook turned into the serious Jeon all over again the next second he heard my reply.

"You're eating now. I've ordered some food and they should have already arrived by now. I'll see you eating first before I get going," he decided, and I just watched as he walked out the car and jogged a little to my side to open the door for me.

He'd scold me again if I tried to get out on my own, acting like it was too dangerous for me to get up from the car seat on my own.

"What about the press conference?" I asked as I took the hand he offered, and Jungkook's word did make me blush as we walked to the elevator.

"They want the gossip contents, then they'd have to wait. They can go complain about me in their articles later if they want, but you and the baby comes first for me," he said in all seriousness, and even though my mouth said nothing, but my heart thumped rapidly the whole time until we reached the house.