Chapter XXIII - Midnight Confession

A pre-Valentine chapter for my lovely readers. I swear, I don’t think I can do this well but I’ll still try. Please put the blame on Christian Grey because I can’t get over him. Judge me not for enjoying the movie. And yeah, tonight’s chapter will be both Kim and Xian’s POV. (Gusto kong mag-English ng konte tonight. Hahahaha. Would it be appropriate?)

Happy birthday dearest @klairecindy. I hope you loved the surprise and the gift. Hahaha.

Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone.

-Mia

XIAN’S POV

At some point, I was teasing Kim. I wonder what her reaction would be like when I was playing a trick on her. I was well-oriented that the third hand wasn’t hers. I know her hand. It’s slender, long and cold.

I grinned when I finally held hers. It was a triumphant feeling. I intertwined my fingers with hers.

“I just found my wife.” I removed the blind fold. My instincts never failed me.

I saw her smiling and that was the most beautiful smile I have ever seen.

“Happy?” I asked as I kissed her temple. She nodded. Of course, she’s happy and I’ve never been happier. I make her happy at random moments while she makes me happy every single moment, even when she blinks her tantalizing eyes.

The week or two without her was a total mess and I can’t even imagine how I was able to handle such. For that period, I’ve been watching over her… from afar. I have realized that I can’t afford to let that happen again.

I like her. That’s what exactly I know. I don’t know for how long, all I know is that it stings my eyes whenever I see her with someone else.

I was fully aware that my grandmother did talk to her. Her honesty was what I was asking for when I had an argument with her. I wanted her to tell me what’s on her mind. I wanted her to let me know how hard it was to be in this complicated relationship.

“Hey. Kanina pa kita kinakausap. Just in case you weren’t aware na nagmumukha akong tanga kakaantay na pansinin mo ako.”

I flushed back to reality. I can’t stop smiling. Me beside her is more than enough reason for me to say that I’m willing to disobey my grandmother.

“No. May iniisip lang ako. I’m sorry. What is it?”

She rolled her eyes on me. This woman, really.

“Ang sabi ko, ‘di ka pa ba kakain? Kasi kung nagda-diet ka, pwes ako hindi. Gutom na ako.” I chuckled. She’s cute… too cute that I can’t resist her charms.