Chapter IV - Knight in Shining Giorgio Armani Tuxedo

I’d like to formally express my deepest and most sincere gratitude to all those who patronized and loved my second story which is entitled “The Meaning of Wife”. I ended the story two weeks ago, and I felt really grateful towards the comments and reviews. I must admit that the story made everyone (if not everyone, then some) cry. I’m very happy that I was able to achieve my goal of giving you a melodrama story.

The story has come to its end, and there are some readers who’re messaging me to have a special chapter. My opinion towards the idea is first, what is done is done. I know that the ending was sort of bitin. But that’s the logic. I wanted to have a semi-open ending. It’s up for you guys to imagine how they ended up, how Xian reacted towards Kim’s unexpected pregnancy, so on and so forth. I feel happy that you loved the story so much. But please, let me focus on this story (Nothing Better). I am very apologetic that I can’t grant your request. I hope you’ll give me some considerations about my decision. Thank you, guys. God speed. FIGHTING! <3

-Mia

XIAN’S POV

(Hello? Eto ba ‘yung number ni Xian?)

I was in the middle of my overtime when someone anonymously called. I really had no idea who might it be since I wasn’t really expecting a call at such hour.

“Yes. This is Alexander Xian Lim Uy, speaking. Who are you?”

(Ah, hehe. Xian, si Kim ‘to.) Kim? Ah right, the girl who declared that she’s my wife. I don’t know but I really find her annoying at any means. She naturally pisses me off without doing even a single thing.

“What do you need?” I tried to keep my tone cold and authoritative to show her that I’m not someone who could play games with her.

(Pwedeng pabor?) By the way she spoke, it implied that she badly need something from me. Trouble, yeah… That’s the perfect word.

“What is it again this time?”

(Pwede mo ba akong samahan sa high school reunion namin?)

“Kelan ba ‘yan?”

(B-bukas… P-pwe-pwede ba?)

I discretely checked my planner. Nagulat ako sa ginawa ko. By chance, am I considering the idea of going with her? No. I can’t. I should. I wouldn’t. I saw a note which states that I have a dinner meeting with Mr. Wang. He’s the investor I was telling Kim about. I don’t know but a part of me wanted to be with her tomorrow night. Napailing ako. What the hell am I thinking?! First, why would I go with that lunatic woman who always put my name into mess? Second, how cruel I am to choose her over someone who could help me improve my company?

“I’m a busy person. I have a meeting with an investor tomorrow night. I guess you understood what I’m trying to say, right?”

(Ganu’n ba? Oh sige, pasensya na sa abala. Ingat ka.)

When she didn’t try to get my yes, I felt apologetic of her. I wished to somehow, play a show with her and help her survive her high school reunion. But time won’t permit me to do so.

The next thing I knew was it’s already Saturday evening. I fixed my tux since I have 30minutes left until my dinner meeting with Mr. Wang.

“President…” It’s James who just entered my office.

“Yes, James?”

“Nasa kabilang linya po ang Chairman.”

“Chairman?” He nodded. “You mean, my grandmother?”