Chapter 1- Mixed Signals

3 Years Later...

Harry's P.O.V.

"C'mon Harry, it's a dare, it's not the end of the world!" Liam exclaims, looking at me with unamused eyes.

"What if I get ambushed or trampled?" I ask, very skeptical of the idea Liam has. I shake my head looking at him, I refuse to do this.

"Do you really think that highly of yourself Harry? It's a small cafe, only singers will be there for a sing-off. Anyway, I heard they have good muffins." Niall explains, licking his lips at the thought. I shake my head at him too, what would the point be in being in a sing off if I will win? No one compares to Harry Styles.

"Lads, there's no competition, I'm a professional, they are all amateurs. C'mon let's go." I say, grabbing Louis and Liam's arms, but they just stay in place. I take a few steps back, and look at them sternly.

Louis gives me the same stern look. "You better do the dare now, I want to see you lose."

"Fine." I give up and look around the cafe, looking for a contender.

I spot a small girl, around 5'5, skinny, long brown hair. She's hot, but I can bet you she can't sing. Too good looking to have both, not everybody can be like me. I point over at her discretely to Liam, "Her, I want to go against her."

"Go get her then, Haz." Liam demands, nodding his head in her way. I walk over there in a sly fashion, and quickly sit down in front of her. I stare at her, before I clear my throat, getting her attention.

She raises her eyesbrows at my presence,"Hi?"

"Hello, I'm Harry." I say, grabbing her hand and lightly kissing it. She only gives me a weird look before pulling her hand away. My turn to give her a weird look.

"Nice to meet you Harry." She replys, not bothering to look at me, she just looks back down at her phone.

"And you are?" I ask, getting frustrated now.

"I'm unavailable." She smiles sweetly, tilting her head to the side a little bit. I put my hands up as a way to surrender, but even though she's fit, that's not exactly what I want from her right now.

I chuckle at her, "I wanted to know if you would sing against me in a sing off," at this, her head perks up and a smirk forms on her face. "I wouldn't dare ask you out at this point in out relationship, that comes later babe."

I give her a wink before getting up and walking back to Liam. I smirk at him and say, "I got her, she'll be singing against me, and maybe I'll get laid."

"Doubt that. Aaand, there she goes, talking to the DJ. You should to, pick your song." He suggests, looking at Ms. Unavailable talking to the DJ. I walk over there also, thinking of a song to sing on my way. I think I'll sing a song from our newest album, Up All Night. We're working on a new album, but we are having trouble with song writing. None of us have a real inspiration.

When I get over there, I tap on his table, and whisper the song in his ear before getting up on stage. I nod at him as she gets on stage also, standing as far away from me as possible on the small stage. I smirk at the girl, she seems to have a lot of confidence in herself at this point. I just can't wait to see the look on her face when she hears how good I am. She won't be able to compete.

"Give you this give you that, blow a kiss take it back if I look inside you brain." I start, looking at her, quickly blowing her a kiss in the process.

She looks at me unamused, the whole song, all my little gestures toward her meant nothing to her. It's as if she didn't care who I am. Once the song finished, people were clapping, but some looked just bored, but don't they know who I am? I mean, I will probably be ten times better this lass.