𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 2075

34k. I'm speechless- 

𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫 made their way towards Y/n's house. 

"Was it always this close?" Ghostbur wondered out loud, admiring her humble home.

"It was indeed. I guess you just weren't looking at the right spots. Or maybe you're just blind." The girl joked, opening up the door and taking a dramatic bow. "Ladies first."

"Thank you kind sir," The ghost played along smiling, as he entered the house. 

As she closed the door behind her, she almost bumped into her friend who was installed smack-dab a few centimetres away from the door. 

"I don't remember it being this nice looking!" He gawked, admiring the place. It was a pretty nice home, though it was quite small. It was pretty cozy and homey, though. The flowers decorating each corner made it feel welcoming, and not too formal. The rug which greeted them was made by a nice linen, which was now decked in mud. That didn't stop it from looking rather warm and pleasant. The ghost doubled back before mumbling. "I don't remember much."

"Well, I did make this recently."  Y/n said, trying to brighten the mood. She avoided saying the rest of her sentence 'since my house exploded during the explosion' knowing fair and well it'll make him feel worst. 

She was about to continue to direct Ghostbur to where the bags were seated, but he was already exploring the place.

"Oh- okay. We can do that too." She corrected herself, joining him.  "Do you want a tour?"

"That'd be splendid, thank you!" The brunet said cheerfully, his eyes bright. It looked like Tubbo's who never failed to make her day a little better.

"Alrighty! We are now entering the kitchen, which is pretty small like the rest of the house but that's alright!" The y/e/c eyed girl toured, her friend's good mood rubbing off on her. She gestured to the small oak table who had distinguishable little carvings in it. There were loads of artistic swirls and flowers covering the legs and under it. "This was from my old home. I brought it here when I finally decided to move here. It was a pretty big journey, but it was worth it. I remember this was once owned by my ancestors. It'd be a shame to give it to random or strangers." 

The ghost nodded, closely inspecting it. He was crouched down, and his eyes were squinted. It was almost as if he was trying to figure something out. 

Y/n was a bit weirded out by his actions. It was peculiar how he was so interested in a table. It seemed he was more captivated in it then she was. 

"Uh- Ghostbur, are you alright?" She speculated, an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah! I'm fine. It's just..." The chocolate eyed ghost trailed off for a bit, seemingly trying to connect the puzzle pieces in his brain. 

"Okay- just take your time." She said simply, struggling on how to reply to that.

What on earth is he doing? 

The girl leaned on the table, curious on what seemed to trigger something in her friend's mind. It was pretty surprising, seeing as he is an amnesiac. Soon, she zoned out thinking of other random things.

What were they going to make?

Do they even have the recipe of macarons?

Are they just going to bake one type of pastery?

Maybe Niki just packed one recipe?

Did she bring enough ingredients?

Of course she did. Why did she bring so many bags then?