23 - The L Word

Taehyung's birthday is spent exactly how he asked. No drinking, no partying, save it all for tomorrow. For today, they just spend their time watching movies and joking around like usual, as if it were any other normal day. He's surprised with a carrot cake made by Seokjin and Y/N, eyes nearly bulging from their sockets at the sight of it.

The next day arrives and everyone is anticipating the nighttime. It's the last day of the year. Y/N thinks that the saying "New year, new me" is really corny and overused but honestly, she feels like she really is entering the new year as a new person. New friends along with her old ones and most importantly, a new lover.

"You're not wearing that." Jungkook declares as Y/N walks out of their room, revealing herself to everyone else in the living room. She rolls her eyes at Jungkook's unruly declaration as her eyes glance over everyone else's outfits.

Damn her friends are hot.

"Are you listening? Go take it off." Y/N snaps out of it as Jungkook's voice is suddenly louder and she realizes that he's now standing in front of her. He's wearing an all black ensemble; a simple hoodie with ripped jeans and his boots.

Y/N, on the other hand, wanted to go all out. A black satin fitted dress that has sheered sleeves, black pumps to match. It's cold but why not enter the new year wearing something she felt so confident in? She really doesn't see the problem here, it's not revealing at all.

"Why?" she finally responds with a question, pouting which isn't really a Y/N thing to do but she really thought this one out. "I wanted us to match."

Jungkook's stern expression falters but he shakes his head quickly, pulling her in closer so that his next words aren't heard by the others. "I don't want anyone looking at what's mine." he explains, cheeks slightly reddening and Y/N smiles a little.

"I only have eyes for you." she taps his cheeks. "Besides, it's only us anyway." She refers to their group of friends before walking off to sit besides Jimin, discussing the night to come.

Night falls and everyone's preparing to leave. Tonight, they're going to Gwangan Bridge which overlooks the beautiful city and the ocean. It may sound a bit crazy or dangerous to camp out on a huge major bridge but the best view for the fireworks are there. Plus, it won't be as busy because of New Years.

It's walking distance from the lodge so they pack their bags of blankets and necessities and make their way.

Y/N walks in between Namjoon and Yoongi as the others are ahead of them, goofing off and chasing each other around. She can faintly hear the two besides her having a conversation but it's all muffled as her eyes are zeroed in on one person.

She watches Jungkook fool around with his hyungs, laughing and playing around. As if he sensed her gaze, he turns his head around to check on her. Y/N's heart pumps fast as they make eye contact and he gives her a small smile before turning back and continuing to play around.

It's crazy, Y/N thinks. It's so crazy how Jungkook can still make her heart beat so fast and still cause butterflies to light up her stomach. She feels nervous and her anxiety is slowly creeping up on her.

Before they all left the house, Y/N came to the conclusion that tonight is the night. It took her a lot to conclude this; almost having a panic attack about three times and even almost throwing up from nervousness, she finally decided to do it. Secretly taking a shot before they left just to ease her mind (which didn't do much for her because she's obviously still nervous), she decides that it's time to say the L word.

It's time to tell Jungkook that she loves him.

Y/N's so stuck in her head that she hadn't realized that they had already reached the bridge until she saw Namjoon and Yoongi halt their steps from the corners of her eyes, looking around at the view in astonishment.