29 - By Your Side

Jungkook is a confident man. He has always been confident. But right now, all of his confidence and his strength and courage is being stripped thin.

He knows some things about Hangdogso, his brother always talks about it. He knows how brutal and serious they are. Jungkook isn't sure if he's a person who can handle that. What Jungkook is sure about is that Yoongi can. Yoongi can handle that and so could Namjoon and even possibly Jimin.

Yoongi would be perfect for that role to stick by Y/N's side. He already loves her and Jungkook knows that Yoongi has the ability to be involved in all of that mafia stuff if he wanted to. Before Jungkook and Yoongi met, Yoongi was a runner.

A drug runner.

He was young, poor and desperate. Someone saw that and made use of him. He doesn't talk about it much but Jungkook knows that he must've been good at it. And he knows that type of job isn't a good one for a kid to have but Yoongi was just built for that. Perfect for this situation.

Aside from Yoongi, Namjoon is a perfect fucking match. He's smart. Y/N's father loves him. Jimin too. Jimin is strong and he's known Y/N all of his life.

Jungkook is just Jungkook.

He's nothing special. All he does is workout and take pictures. How mafia worthy is he?

Jungkook sighs, slumping down onto the park bench as his mind continues to race a mile a minute.

Is he really ready to do all of this? He has no idea what to expect. Once he makes his decision there's no going back.

He'll have to marry her.

They'll have to have kids together.

Fuck he might have to kill people.

As he thinks he recalls their promise together. He can't see himself with anyone else. He never even saw himself with anyone until she came into his life. He loves her. He loves her way too much to walk away and chicken out like a little bitch. He's no punk.

Little by little Jungkook can feel his confidence building up again. He thinks about how he can protect her from anything bad coming her way and what their future as a family might look like.

Finally, he visualizes how hot and badass Y/N would look holding a gun, dressed like one of those characters from his favorite game and suddenly he's up on his feet, sprinting back to the dorm.

He quietly enters. Hours have since passed since he left so he's not surprised to see Kihyun, Jimin, Hoseok and Namjoon asleep in the small living room. He shuffles to his own room and opens the door, keeping his eyes at his feet.

As she shuts the door behind himself and looks up, he spots Y/N curled up on his bed wearing nothing but one of his shirts. His back is facing him so he assumes that she's asleep. He gets rid of his outerwear and strips down until he's only left in sweatpants.

Although he has already come to his conclusion, he finds that his mind is still racing too much for him to sleep properly so he only sits at the edge of the bed, letting out a heavy sigh. Jungkook feels weight on his shoulder and realizes that Y/N is awake, her forehead leaning against his back.

"I'm sorry." she whispers and Jungkook can already her her sniffling. "I don't wanna drag you into my shit. It's okay if you wanna leave me. I'd leave myself too." she mutters dejectedly.

Jungkook is quick to turn around, holding her face in his hands while shaking his head. "I'm not going anywhere. I'm never going anywhere." his eyes bore deep into her teary ones, making sure she understands him loud and clear. "I love you, okay?"