Unwanted Attention

Just finished watching the newest part of RWBY volume 8. The stuff coming out of the latest episodes is giving me so many fun ideas for this story and others...assuming people enjoy this one enough to warrant me getting to volume 8 with it of course. I know I'm having a blast writing this. Friendly reminder to everyone interested that I post updates and teasers for upcoming chapters on my ko-fi account free of charge, which can be found on my bio (you're also free to leave a tip there if you wanna support my work too). Hope you enjoy!

----------

Gang Member: "They're asking a lotta questions"

You: "Are these the kinda Huntsmen we can bribe?"

You continued walking with the gang member, discussing the recent addition of a Huntsmen team down in your part of town.

Gang Member: "Doesn't look like it, apparently they're new, first or second years at best"

You: "Meaning we can't off them without a full-scale investigation down here..."

You thought for a moment, thinking of a solution. Ever since you had partnered up, you and Roman had your roles. Roman was in charge of the bigger picture, making sure the larger problems in your way were taken care of. You, on the other hand, were in charge of handling the day-to-day pests and problems, and recently you had your work cut out for you.

You: "Pay the stores around here some Lien. Make sure that if anyone comes asking questions, they direct them elsewhere to another group"

Gang: "You got it"

You: "And if I catch you skimming their pay just to keep some yourself, I won't be happy"

You stared daggers at him, making sure he got the picture. You knew that some of these grunts weren't exactly happy taking orders from someone your age, but you couldn't give a damn about their opinion. If they did their jobs, they would get paid, anything less than that and you had plenty of other able bodies ready to take their place. Soon enough, another goon came over, a worried look on his face.

Gang Member: "We have a problem boss"

You: "What else is new?"

Gang Member: "We caught a newbie 'borrowing' some Dust crystals from the stockpile"

You: "And why are you telling me? You know how to-"

Your discussion was interrupted as you suddenly saw a man soar by through the air screaming, before striking against a nearby wall with a large thud. As he fell to the ground unconscious, you watched Neo walk out, a few others fleeing away from her as she began kicking the man while he was down. You sighed out, turning to the gang member quickly.

You: "Just...lock them up downstairs, I'll handle it'

They rushed off as soon as you spoke, leaving you to approach Neo. A few passers-by in the hideout quickly dispersed away from her, not wanting to get the same rough treatment.

You: "Mind telling me why the hell you're knocking out my guys?"

Neo turned to face you, her heel still on the man's head as he groaned out in pain. She raised up her arm with an angered expression, grease marks from where a hand had gripped her visible on her new jacket.