Author's Note

My dear reader,

I never saw myself writing in this genre, even though the idea for this story has been whirling in my head for several months now. It was only when I saw the very last prompt of this year's ONC that the actual plot started to thicken in my mind, and I knew that I had to bring it to paper. I hope you will enjoy the reading of it as much as I enjoy creating this world with all its drama to come.

Every now and then, I like to drop a name or two from Roman mythology, due to the setting of the story. Even though it is not necessary to know what those Gods and Goddesses represent, I thought, I will give you a short overview of their names and functions. So, there they come:

Fortuna – Goddess of chance, luck, and fate.

Parcae – the Roman equivalent of the Greek Moirai (who you may know from Disney's Hercules). They are personifications of destiny. Three sisters who spindle, measure, and cut the thread of life.

Bellona – the Roman Goddess of the bloody war.

Orcus – the Roman God of the Underworld

Juno - Roman Goddess of marriage, Queen of Gods, wife of Jupiter

Jupiter - the Roman equivalent of Zeus, King of Gods, husband of Juno

I will try to keep this list updated as I write on.

As always, I am very open to all your thoughts, ideas, and any constructive criticism, so please don't hesitate to drop a comment. Also, if you enjoy reading the story, feel free to vote for the chapters.

I may no longer withhold you from the pleasantries of the world behind this page. Though, before entering, keep in mind: what is for the ones their life, is for the others merely a show.