𝐗|𝐉𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐉𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒: 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄

The ground shakes underneath them. The heat of the blast can be felt from here. Somehow even with his heart trying to pound it's way outside of his chest he finds the strength to move his feet forward. If it was not for the late winter chill in the air, Jughead would suffocate underneath the fabric of the mask he's wearing. The bulletproof vest sits heavy on his chest. So does the task at hand. He can hear the tell sounds of panic in the distance as the town comes to life. Full Metal's bomb seems to have done the trick for now. Jughead can feel the heat of the raging flames from where he is. He can only pray Metal followed his instructions to place it somewhere there would be minimal damage. The last thing he needs is to get locked up for domestic terrorism. They're posted up on the corner of the empty street leading to the Sunnydale jewellery store. The drivers are making their final pick up at the small store a block away. It is the last stop the truck will make for the night. Jughead runs across the street backward pulling along his side of the spike strip. Sweet Pea pulls his on his own side. It's camouflage and they've picked the darkest part of the road for this trap. Jughead can only pray it works. Everything rides on this.

"They look a little nervous boss; they've picked up the pace and are heading your way pronto. We'll be trailing." Arrowhead says through the walkie. Jughead feels a chill running through his spine accompanying the rush. He hears the shouts and alarms going off in the distance. This needs to be over by the time he hears the fire truck arrive.

He sees the headlights approaching faster than an armoured truck usually drives through a small town. Slash appears behind him clapping him on the shoulder so Jughead knows he's ready. Speed and precision. They have a plan and they need to execute fast.

"Safety off." Jughead says into his mic. He clicks off the safety on the Glock.

"Safety off." Sweet Pea repeats from across the street. They're in all black from head to toe. They look as militant as their old men. Jughead feels an internal battle of necessity over fear and guilt. The same conflict he felt the first time he stole that heated blanket out of Rivermart to survive sleeping under the tracks through a Vermont winter. The first of many things he would end up stealing in his life. He almost froze to death that first night. He didn't shed a single tear. Instead he sat in that cold and let the bitterness of his reality teach him how to bury his morals. Now here he is, Glock in hand ready to try and bite off more than he's ever had to chew. He hates that life has led him to this moment.

Head in the game Jones

The drivers are either nervous or curious as to what's going on in the centre of town and want to hurry and check it out. They're moving faster and faster means careless. They never see it coming. They speed over the spike strip and the burst of the tires sound like another bomb going off. Sparks illuminate the darkening street from underneath the truck as it skids to a stop. Jughead hears the rustle of clothing and metal moving as they each take aim at the truck and begin shifting forward slowly. The drivers begin climbing out confused. As soon as the doors are open there's a sickening crunch of metal bending as Full Metal rams into the back of the armoured truck with their own. The crunch of metal on metal is almost sickening. The driver at the wheel goes flying out of his open door. Jughead's heart stops as he watches the man land a few yards away from the truck.

"Go!" He shouts at his crew as he runs to check on the man. There are always unforeseen variables in things like this. Jughead can only hope the man is alive. He hears another bang and sees that Full Metal and Hog Eye have successfully opened the back of the truck. Sweet Pea also seems to have the second guard secured in a zip tie. Jughead has no idea what shape the driver is in as he runs to go check. He's on the verge of a severe breakdown as panic bubbles up in his chest. He approaches the man who went flying going to check his pulse. He moves so suddenly that Jughead freezes before catching sight of the gun. Then flash.