2

Jaylee's POV

I let out a deep sigh as I slowly approached my home, feeling the rest trailing behind me, looking around cautiously with guns in their belts. "Don't expect much." I said as I pulled out my keys and unlocked the door, leading the group inside.

"There has to be some clue somewhere." Louis said quietly as they began gazing around the room.

"Spread out." Louis called as they all pulled out their guns and examined the house.

"I think the guns are unnecessary, don't you think?" I asked as I closed the door and watched Louis and Harry run up the staircase.

Seeing them like this brought back bad memories of the tournament when they would scout out the entire place before confirming it was safe. Unfortunately it was now happening at my house with my beloved family.

"It's for your protection." Zayn assured as he placed his large hand over my shoulder.

I looked down at his hand before up into his eyes. "I'm safe. If they wanted me they would of came for me." I replied.

"Yeah.... imagine that. I would of cut off their heads if they laid a finger on you." He said before he squeezed my shoulder and stepped away.

He began looking around the kitchen slowly, looking at random things in hopes for a clue.

"You said the phone was under the table... correct?"  Zayn asked as he bent down and looked at the floor.

"Yeah. Right there." I responded, pointing at the spot.

"Hmm.. could of possibly been shoved out of her hand." Zayn breathed before he got up and began walking towards the counter.

"This is the coffee maker?" He asked as I followed close behind.

"Yeah." I sighed as I examined it with him.

"And her daily cup is....?"

"Still in the cabinet." I replied as I opened it for him to see.

"Ah." He nodded as he looked at it.

Suddenly I heard multiple loud footsteps coming from down the stairs, causing my heart to race as Zayn and I turned around to see what was going on.

"Jaylee, I think your parents were taken while they were in bed.... or at least one of them." Harry said as I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why would you think that?" I questioned.

"The bed sheets were very messy, and something was knocked off your mother's nightstand.... I think she put up a fight." Harry explained as he handed me a picture frame of my portrait.

My heart began racing as I took the frame, holding it with my shaky fingers.

"Then how do you explain the phone under the table? And the phone in the couch?" I asked as I looked up at them.

"We're assuming your mom tried pulling out her phone to warn you but they slapped it away in time. And your father was probably abducted first from behind while he was watching tv." Louis answered as tears began forming in my eyes.

"Why would someone do this?" I asked with a soft voice as my heart broke.

"That we don't know yet.... but we'll still look around for clues." Harry said before Louis began walking around the kitchen.

"You don't happen to have any security cameras... do you?" Louis asked as he placed his hands on his hips and looked out the kitchen window.

"No..." I replied.