Chapter Thirty Three

3rd Person's POV

As the day dragged on, Isaac knew something was wrong. When Mac left the school, he had a bad feeling. Something was off about today, and it wasn't just the Super Moon.

"Have you seen Mac or talked to her?" Isaac asked Scott over the phone. Scott had gone to the hospital with Theo. Shit was going down, with Corey projectile vomiting over Mason and another Chimera dead, Isaac wanted to let Mac know what was going on. He called her about 10 times with no answer. In fact, her phone was going straight to voicemail.

"No, why?" Scott asked.

"She went to see her aunt and her phone is going to voicemail. Something is wrong." Isaac explained.

"I'm sure she's fine," Scott replied.

"What if the Doctors got to her?" Isaac asked, one of the many thoughts that crossed his mind.

"Why would they? She's not a chimera. Why would they want her?" Scott brushed it off. Isaac found himself growing annoyed with his Alpha.

"We don't know what they want, though. Aren't you the least bit worried?" Isaac asked, his hands were starting to shake in anger.

"Whatever is going on with Mac, she can handle it," Scott said.

"Are you kidding me right now, Scott? I'm telling you that your sister is missing and you don't give a damn? Something is wrong! She could be hurt or kidnapped! When you were kidnapped, she was ready to go to the depths of hell to get you back, and now that she needs you, you're doing nothing? You call yourself an Alpha? A True Alpha at that? You're a pathetic excuse for one!" Isaac hung up the phone after screaming at Scott. He knew that the impending full moon was making his anger heightened, but he was pissed. Ever since they read that stupid book, Scott had changed and not for the better.

He already tried everyone else in his pack. No one else had heard for Mac. He knew there was only one other person he could contact. Not that he really wanted to talk to them, but for the sake of his best friend, he'd talk to her boyfriend again.

"Brett. Have you talked to Mac?" He asked as Brett answered the phone.

~

Meanwhile, Lydia and Parrish were hunting down the Nemeton. They had just stumbled upon it, leaving both of them surprised. Jordan was upset with himself. His dreams of carrying bodies to the tree stump were real. He couldn't believe it.

"What in the actual hell am I?" Jordan asked Lydia. He didn't get a response from her. He turned to see her looking in the distance with a lost expression. "Lydia?"

"Something is wrong." She simply replied. Her voice was airy, as if her mind was somewhere else.

"What's wrong?" Jordan asked.

"Mac. Something is wrong with Mac." Lydia said. She came back to reality and looked at Jordan with a serious look.

"What's wrong with Mac?" He asked.

"I don't know, but whatever it is. It's not good." Lydia explained.

~

When Mac awoke, she was no longer in her Aunt's house. In fact, she didn't know where she was. Her head was pounding and she couldn't move. It took a second for her memories to come back. When they did, she whipped her head around, looking for Helena. She was alone.