Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Mac's POV

Scott, Lydia, Derek, and I were currently standing in Derek's loft looking Jordan Parrish over. One of the other deputies tried to set him on fire and failed. We were trying to determine what kind of supernatural creature Parrish was because he didn't have a clue. After not catching the benefactor during the night at the hospital, we had to find out what was going on with Parrish. He's definitely in danger, being on that list.

"He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asked perplexed.

"It's the hair and nails, isn't it? The parts of the body that are essentially dead." Lydia said.

"Well, they should be gone," Derek confirmed.

"I was set on fire. All of me should be gone." Parrish pointed out.

"Not if you're like us," Scott said.

"Like you?" Parrish asked confused.

"I don't think he's like us. Maybe like Mac." Derek said.

"I don't think so. I don't get the same feeling I do when my aunt's around." I said. While he may be flameproof like me, I definitely don't think he's a Phoenix.

"Then what is he?" Lydia asked.

"Sorry, but I have no idea," Derek said.

"But you knew about Jackson and Kira," Scott said out.

"Well, I didn't know about Mac." Derek pointed out. No one really did, other than Deucalion. "This is a little out of my experience. There might be something in the bestiary. Did you try Argent?"

"I don't know where he is," Scott said. After the hospital incident, Chris disappeared. Probably needing some time to himself after his run-in with Kate.

"Okay, hold on. What's a bestiary?" Parrish interrupted. I felt bad cause we were kind of alienating him from the conversation. "Actually, that's not even my first question. Just- Just tell me one thing. Are all of you like Lydia? Are you all psychic?" Does he think Lydia is psychic?

"Psychic?" Derek asked.

"Yeah," Parrish said like it was an obvious answer.

"Not exactly," Scott said.

"Okay. Then what are you?" He asked. Scott looked at Derek, who nodded his head. He turned on his Alpha eyes. Parrish jumped back in surprise. "Woah, I definitely can't do that!"

"I'm a werewolf. Well, Derek and I are." Scott explained.

"What about you? Are you a werewolf too?" Parrish asked turning to me.

"Not even close," I said, letting my vision turn orange as I flicked on my Phoenix eyes. "I wanna try something." I brought a flame up in my hand.

"You're not gonna try and kill me too, right?" Parrish asked nervously.

"Calm down. I'm sure it won't even hurt. Give me your hand." I said to him. He cautiously gave me his hand which I placed into my fireball. He stared at it in amazement. He didn't burn. He didn't feel the pain at all. Hmm.. interesting.

"Are you sure he's not a Phoenix?" Lydia asked me.

"Yeah. With Phoenix's, our fires and souls are connected in one way or another. If he was like me, I'd be able to feel it." I explained. I put out the flame and Parrish looked at his hand in amazement.

"So how about we go through the list of supernatural creatures that you know of and see if anything matches or comes close," I said to Derek.

~

It had been about 20 minutes and we were still no closer to figuring Parrish out. It didn't help that he stopped us after every creature to ask for an explanation.

"What's a Kanima?" Parrish asked.

"We'll get back to that. Just know that everyone like us, everyone with some kind of supernatural ability is on the dead pool." Scott informed him.

"But I don't even know what I am." Parrish pointed out desperately.

"I'm pretty sure they don't care." Derek clarified.

"How many professional assassins are we talking about?" Parrish asked.

"We're starting to lose count," Lydia said.

"We've dealt with 4 or 5 so far," I informed him. He looked at me with shocked eyes. 

"But is it still just professionals?" Scott asked. 

"I don't think Haigh's ever tried anything like this. I think he was taking a chance." Parrish said.

"That means anyone with the dead pool could take a chance. But if Haigh had it, then who else does? How easy is it to get this thing now?" Derek asked and we all looked at each other in fear. Could we be watching our backs from everyone? I definitely wasn't ready to find out.

"Stiles just texted me. Noah is gonna be okay." I informed the group. After Parrish started kicking Haigh's ass for trying to set him on fire, Noah ended up getting shot in the arm. I was relieved to hear he was gonna be fine.

"Good." Scott sighed. "I'll take you home." He informed Parrish. The two of them left out, with Lydia following. I stayed back to talk to Derek.

"How are you gonna protect yourself?" I asked him, worried. His name was still on the list, werewolf powers or not. He pulled a gun out of a nearby drawer.

"With this." He said.

"Do you even know how to use it?" I asked.

"Braden has been teaching me." He said, a slight twinkle in his eye. I knew what that twinkle meant. I'm not gonna lie, I'm slightly hurt he moved on so quickly. I guess I should have expected it. He's Derek. He attractive and just has something about him that pulls you toward him. For once I was glad he didn't have his supernatural abilities, so he couldn't smell the jealousy wafting off of me. I was still happy for him, truly.

"Just be careful Der, okay?" I said.

"Okay." He confirmed, with that, I headed out.

——————————

So I'm gonna skip the episode with trying to catch the benefactor where Scott is essentially dead. I couldn't figure out a good way to write the chapter.

Just an FYI, Breonna Taylor's murders still haven't been arrested.

Let me know what you think?

1013  words

#BlackLivesMatter

Remember Like, Comment, Share, ETC.