•Chapter 12

Keith could tell Pico had slacked on trying to keep his house clean, if not tidy... but at the least he knew that it was for the better this time. Pico creaked open the door from his bedroom, looking at him.

"Keith? It's... you mind talking?"

Pico face just screamed uncomfortable. Keith had no idea what happened, but he did have a slight idea who it was. He nodded, praying it was just Molly and not her parents.

"Uh... h- hello...?" His voice was meek. He could barely speak up. Complete silence filled the other line. He heard a slight lip smack as the other person opened their mouth to speak but closed them again.

"You're with him?" The ever so cruelly familiar voice finally spoke to break the eerie silence. "Well, I thought so... can you step outside for a second?"

Keith gulped. The last thing he wanted to see was Molly right now. He still felt so guilty.
"Wh- what, are you outside?"

"N- No! I just... I don't want him to hear you respond."

He sighed, looking at Pico who was still standing at the door.
"Alright." Keith stepped outside the apartment, and then down outside the block itself, just to be safe. He still wanted to be friends with her... he obviously didn't want to take the slightest chance of Pico hearing him, if Molly wanted it to be private.

"Keith. I need you to be honest with me. 100% honest, because I don't know if Pico's gonna give me any truth. In fact, he just kept chewing me out, but..." He heard Molly sigh. Of course he'd be honest. "Did... did you... leave me for him? For Pico?"

"I..." Keith thought it over. And again. And again. The thought repeated on loop in the rhetorical record player he had up in there. "Well... I... I don't know, actually."

"You don't know? Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. Or... you know what? Sure. I didn't rather him over you, but... I guess I just... have stronger feelings for him."

"...thought so."

"...s-sorry."

"Oh- nono, I'm sorry if I sounded mad, I'm not- I just... I sort of felt it." Molly apologised, realising she didn't put the right words together. "Is that bad? I mean, I sort of thought you might be better suited with him. If you went for him right now, I wouldn't even be mad. I... do want to stay friends with you, Keith."

Keith teared up a little, then gripped the phone.
"Th- Thank you... I- I'll talk to you later."

"See you... friend."

The phone beeped to signal the end of the call, Keith smiling and wiping his tears. He began to walk back up the stairs, when the record played one last time.

He paused. For once, he processed the idea. Then, he kept walking. He waltzed right into Pico's apartment, openeing the door without any warning.

"Hey, man. What did-" Pico flinched, jumping as Keith moved his hand behind his head, just above his neck and pushed him close to his face.
He kissed him.

Pico stood frozen, not able to comprehend a single thing going on, trembling a little, too. His hands were awkwardly in the air. Unlike Keith, he had no experience with situations such as this one. He gently pushed Keith's chest, absolutely baffled.

"Oh- er... sorry..." Keith nervously handed Pico his phone back, red faced. He faced away.

"...nono, do that again." Pico got a hold of himself, looking down on him. Keith's gaze turned, looking surprised.

"Pardon-?"

"You heard me." Pico seemed persistent, despite that freaking him out. Keith shrugged, pressing his lips against him a lot more gently this time. Pico froze again, but was a lot less tense than before. It was more like he was trying to figure out where the hell he was supposed to put his hands.

Keith giggled, parting. "You look so confused."

"I- I am incredibly confused."

Keith smiled, looking up at Pico. The smile faded, as he sighed. "Er... she just said she wanted to stay friends too. I uh... I'll go now."

"...oh. Bye... Keith."

"Cya, Pico!" he waved, a much better mood. Pico awkwardly waved back, his hand dropping to his side as he was left alone again in his apartment.

He felt his hand softly on his mouth...they felt cold, now.
That...

Why did he do that?