Chapter 4: A Trip to the Elder's Recess

Raiden Mei and her appointed fireteam traveled in space in Tulip's Railjack, Bahamut, as soon as it left Elaaden.

The Railjack passed through the entire Heleus Cluster, while the fireteam experienced the wonders around Heleus space, including the swirling storm known as the Houkai.

The Railjack then initiated a hyperspace jump into the Ooo system, causing it to teleport (along with the fireteam) from Heleus to Ooo.

After a few minutes, the Railjack and the fireteam found themselves in the majestic Ooo star system, filled with planets brimming with intelligent lifeforms.

The Railjack sailed across the Ooo system until it neared planet Sera, home of the Osowiec Resistance. But as soon as the Railjack approached planet Sera, a horde of flying, tutu-wearing animatronics attacked the Railjack from out of nowhere. Fortunately, their attacks were weak.

"Minireenas?" Mayonna was surprised by the animatronics swarm.

Bee asked, "What are Minireenas?"

"Creepy, puppet-like dolls wearing tutus and white face masks that have two small eye holes and a large mouth. They're scouting probes for the New Illuminati," Mayonna answered.

The Railjack automatically unleashed an EMP blast around itself that disabled the Minireenas surrounding the Railjack.

Mayonna said, "I thought that the New Illuminati was gone and their mechanical creations deactivated, but something – or someone – is trying to resurrect the New Illuminati from the grave."

"What is the New Illuminati anyway?" Sucrose asked.

Mayonna answered, "They're a secretive society that uses a fearsome animatronic army in order to bend entire civilizations to their will, and are known for plasma weaponry like the E-5 blaster rifle and the RG-4D blaster pistol. But despite their animatronic army, they faced eventual defeat at the hands of the Aetherian Universal Alliance and Hero Association's 1st Re-Logic Hero Division during the War of the Three Powers. This resulted in the deactivation of most animatronics that they owned and the destruction of their command center, Cloudtower. Even today, the ruins of Cloudtower can be found on the ancient planet Lehon, filled with dark secrets about the New Illuminati as well as their now-deactivated animatronics."

The Railjack landed at the Elder's Recess on Sera, and it looks quite hot and spicy for a volcanic area. Archonite crystals containing Pyro elemental energy also encompassed the area.

"Now, we find Firebase Z," Raiden Mei said.