Chapter 8: Versa Pietru

A majestic white dragon from the hole in the ceiling lit up the room around the fireteam, Danny, and the Shoggoth. It soon landed into the room, ready to face the Shoggoth.

"Versa Pietru?" Danny had known this dragon.

"What's that?" Raiden Mei asked.

Danny answered, "Versa Pietru is the divine emissary dragon of the Dragon God of Surrealism, Meme Man. Meme Man sends his emissary to those that defile the holy world of Sera. It seems that Meme Man and Versa Pietru have sensed the Umbral energy surge defiling the planet."

The Versa Pietru disintegrated the now-weakened Shoggoth with a divine beam of light from its mouth. What was remaining of the Shoggoth was both ashes and a puddle of glitchy Umbral energy.

After the battle with the Shoggoth, the fireteam and Danny "converse" with the Versa Pietru.

Danny spoke to the divine creature with a prayer-like voice: "Versa Pietru, oh holy emissary, we will kindly assist you in quelling the threat that defiles Nirn..."

The Versa Pietru spoke in a robotic-like voice: "Indeed. A defiler known as Gideon Gleeful in R'lyeh is using the ancient power of the dormant alien 'Cthulhu' to power another alien known as 'Shub-Niggurath' which, in turn, reactivates animatronics and creates eldritch beings in an attempt to 'resurrect' an organization known as 'New Illuminati'. We must stop Gideon before he goes overboard with 'Shub-Niggurath'."

"'Gideon Gleeful'... Now that's familiar," Mayonna reminisced.

"The portal to R'lyeh is nearby," Bee said, "I can sense the Umbral energy originating from it."

Raiden Mei concluded: "It seems that the Umbral energy surge is originating from Shub-Niggurath in R'lyeh, and Gideon Gleeful is manipulating Shub-Niggurath in order to enact his master plan of resurrecting the New Illuminati. So, we must enter R'lyeh and destroy the Shub-Niggurath in order to prevent Gideon's plan from coming into fruition and prevent the Umbral surge from causing more chaos."

As the fireteam, Danny, and the Versa Pietru headed for the R'lyeh portal, Sucrose asked Mayonna about Gideon: "Who's Gideon Gleeful?"

Mayonna answered, "Gideon Gleeful was a prominent councilor of the New Illuminati, who assisted the President of the New Illuminati, Bill Cipher. But nearing the end of the War of the Three Powers, Bill Cipher's corporeal form was deleted by the King of the AUA-HA, Andrew Spinks, using his power of light. The destruction of Cloudtower followed, but Gideon escaped safely via an escape pod. He desired revenge against the AUA-HA, which is why he plans to resurrect the New Illuminati using Shub-Niggurath."

"Oh, I get it now," Sucrose said.

The fireteam has finally found the dark portal leading to R'lyeh, guarded by four animatronics resembling bunnies with torn foreheads and broken left arms. Each animatronic carried an E-5 blaster rifle in their remaining arm.

"Withered Bonnies," Mayonna whispered, "Stay on your guard."

But then, as the other fireteam members (including Danny) and the Versa Pietru have hidden from the Withered Bonnies' sight, Bee rushed in with a hammer resembling a coral-colored water lotus. Joining her was her Palico, PuppyCat, who played 'Waltz of the Flowers' on a boombox. Bee elegantly and artfully dodged and danced through the Withered Bonnies' blaster shots, akin to a beautiful ballerina dancing across an amphitheater. Once Bee gets up close with the Withered Bonnies, she whacks all 4 of them into the sky using her lotus hammer.

"It's safe now," Bee said.

With Bee's graceful assistance, the fireteam, Danny, and Versa Pietru are now free to enter R'lyeh...