Chapter 8

( Ellie's POV )

"Ellie."

"Ellie."

"Ellie."

My eyes fluttered open as relief washed over me, realizing I was back in my own room again.

Strong arms engulfed around my figure. My hand found its way into the back of the mans dark hair.

"Thank goodness your okay. I left and came back, but you were gone. I thought something seriously happened to you."

"I'm okay, I'm okay."

Sadly, our tangled bodies broke apart, just like everything else in my miserable life. I wanted him to continue to hold me. I wanted him to continue to make me feel loved. I wanted to get to know him better, just like the fairytales. I was tired of being strong. I wanted out! My old life might have sucked in its final days, but it was better than this. I didn't realize I was crying until his arms wrapped around me again. That's what I wanted, no, needed.

"Don't cry."

"I'm sorry- I just- I want out!" Words could not describe my feelings right now. It was one of those thing were you just lost it. It was my breaking point. A person could only be so strong for so long.

"Shhhsh everything will be okay, I'll get you out of here, I promise." I nodded as he held me close. He couldn't get me out of here, but at the time it sounded okay.

He slightly fell back until his back rested on the bed. I laid on his chest listening to his warm heartbeat while his hands ran through my hair.

"Zayn?" I asked, my voice weak.

"Hmm."

"How did you end up here?" I sniffled clutching his white t shirt.

He didn't respond. He could hear him gulp down like he was ready to say something, but nothing came out. What was he hiding?

I could have sworn I saw a feel a tear land on me, but when I faced him, no emotion was on his face.

"Are you hungry?" He asked changing the subject without even looking at me. He kept his eyes on the ceiling with his jaw clenched.

"No."

"Well I better go, don't wanna get you in any more trouble." He began to get up but I used all my weight to push him back down.

"Please don't leave me." I whispered.

"Ellie if he finds out I was in here, there is no telling what he will do to you."

"I don't care! Zayn you don't understand, your the only person I have, and I don't wanna lose you."

"I'm no good for you Ellie." His Adam's apple moved as he gulped down.

"Your everything but bad for me." I cupped his sharp jaw.

"Don't do this." His lips parted as his eyes blazed into mine.

"Do what?" My hands casually ran up his chest that was clothed by the thin white t shirt.

"Pull me in. Your going to fuck up my mind and cloud my thoughts. Your going to make me wanna be with you every second of the day, and make me want to protect you. Your going to make me a possessive monster, and I'm going to want every inch of you." We began to get closer as I just noticed it was raining.

"Maybe I want that." Our lips attached when a loud bolt of thunder crashed above us. It didn't stop us though. His lips molded into mine, and I never thought I had felt something so sweet. It was perfect, no, indescribable. His body slowly sat up while our lips fighted for dominance.

I was now straddling his waist as his big hands slid down my frame. I gasped when he grabbed my bum, giving him dominance, but instead of taking advantage of the chance he fell back taking me back with him.

"I promise I will protect you. I will get you out of here, okay, I swear on my life." He panted out, cupping my jaw.

Instead of taking me like any other man would, he held me tight. His strong arms held me for dear life as I listened to his heart. The beat was music to my ears, something I could listen to all day. I also took the time to memorize his scent and the way his muscles moved when he held me tighter.

"I need to go." He kissed my head.

"Why?"

"It's almost lunch time. If I'm not there he will know something is up."

I nodded understandingly as he spared me once last kiss before disappearing behind the door.

( Zayn's POV )

I walked into the kitchen to find Niall leaning against the counter staring off into nowhere.

"Hey mate."

His head snapped up at my voice as I began to take out materials to begin lunch.

"Where the hell have you been?" He asked annoyed and concerned.

I didn't answer, I just kept chopping vegetables.

"You were with her, weren't you?"

No answer.

"Damn it Zayn! You know she is going to get you in trouble, right? She's not worth your life."

"Damn it Niall!" I slammed the knife down. "She is worth more than my life! She is all I have, other than you. She needs me and I need her."

"Bullshit Zayn! She is fine without you and you are more than fine without her! She's going to get you killed, I've seen it before."

"Stay the fuck out my business."

"You haven't even known her that long. There is no way in hell that you could have grown this attached in a week!"

"You know nothing."

"Well when you get punished and killed because of a stupid helpless girl, don't let a tear slip."

He stormed out, leaving me confused and flustered.