Freedom and Complications

Freedom and Complication:

The sound of something screeching woke me up. My eyes fluttered open and a bright orange, yellow light made me close them immediately. Once they were used to the light I looked up and saw it was still dark out, there were grounders all around me, some sharpening swords, and others were sleeping I think. I slowly sat up and leaned against a large rock, looking down at my hands I noticed I was chained to a large tree next to the rock…

I looked up and saw Anya warming her hands by the fire, when she noticed me staring she stared right back. This went on for a while.

SNAP

Anya and I turned our heads towards the noise. The horses began to whine and some of the grounders woke up alert and ready to attack.

“Your left flank is vulnerable.” My head turned to the other side, where a man stood above us. A few grounders stood up weapons in hand. Anya looked at him as if he was stupid,

“My archers are in the trees with orders to kill anyone who’s hostile.” The grounder grunted and walked over fallen logs down to Anya, “You aren’t hostile, are you Tristian?” he ignored her comment and made his way over to me, I scooted back a bit, looking up at him,

“So this is the one who’s beating you?”

“Who are you?” I asked, trying to sound as brave as I could.

‘Tristian’ bent down and looked me in the eyes, “I’m the one who was sent to slaughter your people.” I opened my mouth to reply but nothing came out,

“The commander sent you?” Anya asked shocked, Tristian stood up and turned towards her,

“Your unit is mine now.” Any looked at the ground, unconvinced, “My men are hungry,” he continued, “there by the river…go feed them.” One by one and few grounders made their way into the forest. I watched as they left, slightly confused as to why I’m not dead yet.

“We march on the invaders’ camp at first light.” He said to Anya’s back, I could tell she wasn’t happy about it. “I’ll make wick work of what you failed to do. Starting with this one.” He said as he pulled out a knife and made his way towards me. I sucked in a large breath and backed up as he made his way towards me, waiting for something to happen.

“Anya look.” Someone said. Tristian looked to where they were pointing, in the distance, on a mountain there was a fire.  “Reapers.” Tristian said, fear in his voice, he looked at Anya, “kill the prisoner and head to the river.” Anya nodded and looked at me. I looked at her with a straight face. A walked with a skull mask walked up behind her, she turned to look at him.

“Is the boy and girl dead?” he nodded his head, she looked at me but my eyes were clouding with tears just think that Clarke and Finn were dead. “Good,” she said, “kill her and catch up.” I bent over trying to calm down. I looked up and saw the grounder coming closer. I stood up and felt a heavy wait on my waist, I looked down and saw a chain wrapped around me. Great, I thought. My head was spinning and I knew I was weak. I turned towards the forest and tried to move when I was pulled back with a great force. My head slammed into the ground…slowly…slowly…darkness took over.