Chapter 29

Heather couldn't believe what he was seeing. His owner... His Mistress was writing something, writing with more enthusiasm and determination than he'd ever seen her write, but for some reason he had a feeling in his bones that, whatever it was, it was not a good thing.

"I... What are you writing?" He asked and tilted his head, hoping beyond hope that his question would be answered and not ignored as always.

"People need to understand that slaves aren't actually what they think." Thankfully, Mistress replied. "I remember how traumatised you were right after I bought you, and that's what people have to see! Most of those who support slavery aren't actually aware of the level of abuse slaves go through, if they were, they never would support it!"

The slave felt his heart sink. No way. He thought... No, of course he knew that once his owner set her mind to something, she would try to achieve it, but the last two weeks were so... So calm and uneventful! He thought it would continue for a while...

"So... You're letting people know?" He asked, just trying to make sure she was doing what he thought she was doing.

"I was thinking of a... A blog?" She explained and gave him a kind smile. "An anonymous blog to describe the true horrors of slavery. The tortures you went through, the mind games Sex Slaves are put through, the ways they punish slaves on the Market, all of that. Perhaps... Perhaps it'll make a difference."

The slave shook his head, trying to appear calmer than he actually was. Whether or not it would work, he didn't know, but what he did know was that he didn't want it to work. If people really liked slavery less after reading that, then... Then he would be one step closer to life of freedom!

He shuddered at that thought and took a breath. He had to convince his owner not to do it. But what could he do?! She was his Mistress after all, even if she denied it!

Heather sneezed three times and blew his nose in the tissue, his mind racing. There had to be something, anything at all! But his mind was empty, clogged with fear, anxiety, worry, horror and even slight anger, although he wasn't able to identify who he was angry at.

Luckily, all too soon a knock came on the door and he hurried to open it. Raven was standing there with her arms folded and a serious look on her face.

"Hey." She nodded when he took a step back, letting her pass. "Maya and Sam are wondering if they can go outside."

"Outside?" The woman immediately looked up and frowned. "Just to get some air or do they want to actually move around? My front lawn is much smaller than my parents', I don't know if there's room for any exercise."

"Well, they're just saying they want outside." The girl rolled her eyes. "Why don't you take them to the park or something?"

Heather's head perked up. The park! Of course! It would be so much easier to keep her from writing if they were in the park!

"I want to go too!" He nodded almost immediately and tilted his head in an attempt to make the best puppy eyes he could master. "I've been inside for weeks, I wanna go to the park!"

"But... You're still sick, and the park is too far away!" His owner argued, her voice trembling a little due to the confusion and surprise. "And it's freezing outside!"

"Listen, I can't actually cook while someone keeps staring at me!" Raven snapped and raked her fingers through her hair. "And I feel them watching me, it's like they think I'm a threat!"

"They're just not used to being cared about, I'm sure they aren't actually all that hostile!" Mistress shook her head and then stood up. "Listen..."