Chapter 14

Catherine didn't feel like opening her eyes back then. The bed smelled of her old home, and the pleasant scent was bringing back so many memories that she wanted to drown in them, letting them overwhelm her mind and body. She felt the rays of sunshine on top of her head and smiled, hugging Heather tighter to herself. Back at her home, the sun would usually shine on her back or her face, depending on the side she was sleeping on, but now the window was right above her bed, and the warmth on top of her head woke her up very very nicely.

It was only when the guy who she was snuggling began to move when she finally opened her eyes, him being the first thing she saw that morning. He was peavefully blinking, trying to adjust his eyes to the light. She patiently waited for him to look up and for his beautiful grey eyes to light up when their gazes met. They did, obviously.

Cat chuckled and bent down and kissed her beloved pet on his forehead. He blushed and rubbed his cheeks a little, trying to get the red colour to go away, even though he obviously knew how cute he looked when he was blushing like this.

"Morning." She whispered. Any words that were said out loud could could break the magical atmosphere of these early hours. The slave smiled and nuzzled his head in the crook of her neck, breathing against her skin. She chuckled and rubbed his hair lovingly, playing with it softly.

"Mo-ah-orning." Heather stretched and yawned during speaking, the tip of his tongue moving upwards, very much resembling the way cats or dogs yawned. He huffed and snuggled his owner once again, his hands holding onto her clothes. Yet he wasn't gripping them too tightly, not like he used to. He wasn't scared that she would up and leave anymore, and she was beginning to notice that he wasn't so scared of being alone anymore. Yesterday he even took a shower all by himself, even though he was very quick in order not to take too much time and make others uncomfortable. They weren't used to quick showers, but in a house with four more people no time could be wasted.

Suddenly the guy frowned and rubbed his collar, and the events of the night replayed in the head of the woman. She sighed and looked down, her eyes narrowing as she thought about what the hell her father had been thinking when he was trying to cut Heather's collar off. Was he really trying to do what's best?

"How bad is it?" The guy whispered and turned his collar to show the cut. Catherine critically observed the cut, her eyes narrowed to see it. It was tiny and barely visible, definitely not enough to cause too much of a damage to the collar.

"It's not bad at all." She confessed, and then wrapped her arms around his waist. This was a very sensitive question for him, meaning the problems with the collar weren't to be taken lightly. "But I can buy you a new one of that's what you-"

"No." The pet immediately shook his head and turned his collar back, so that the name tag was right under his chin. "I like this one. It's soft and warm."

Soft? Warm? It was a rather cheap collar she'd bought at the closest pet shop. There was no way it would actually be so comfortable and cozy for him.

Although perhaps this wasn't as much of a physical bond with this thing as the mental one. After all, it was with him through the whole time he'd been with her.

"Anyways." Cat smiled and stretched as well, then pulled Heather to herself so his head could rest on her chest. He wiggled around to get in a better position and looked in her eyes. "I'm going to that sale from the lumbermill to maybe buy a slave to help us with the plan. Wanna come with me?"

"Definetly." The guy nodded and then pushed up from her body and stretched much like a cat or a dog, standing in all fours and pulling his chest down to stretch his spine. It popped a little here and there, making him exhale in relief as he lay back down and rested his head on the chest of the woman. "Is it just you and me or are we taking Raven along?"