Chapter 15.

Heather squirmed on his seat uncomfortably, looking at the floor of the car. He didn't like this. He didn't like sitting like this when he could be curled in a ball right on the floor, exactly where he had always been supposed to be. Although he knew that Mistress wouldn't approve of that, she preferred it if he was safely buckled into the soft seat. Was it for safety measures or for treating him like an equal, he did not know, but he didn't like it.

"Stop wiggling around!" She chuckled and sat more comfortably on the driver's seat, buckling the safety bell. "You're not getting out of there until we've arrived."

"But I don't want to sit like this!" The slave whined and tilted his head, kind of hoping that his puppy eyes would make her give in to his charms, even though he knew it was pretty much fruitless. "Please, just let me get down! I swear it's comfortable as well!"

Okay, physically it was less comfortable, but mentally it made him relax much more than this soft seat did.

The woman sighed and shook her head, then turned to look at him.

"How about we make a deal?" She asked in slight annoyance. Had there been more of it, the pet would suck it up immediately and stay quiet, but that mere hint of irritation was nothing compared to the happiness and the slight worry that flooded her voice. "Every time you willingly sit on the car seat, with no whining and no fighting me, I'll.... Hm... What would you like as a reward?"

The guy huffed and lay his head on the side of the car, feeling the machine spring to life at the slight turn of the key. What would he like as a reward? Hmm... It had to be something he didn't receive every day, something that made him really really happy. A single pat on his head wouldn't be enough, since he could get it at any day and pretty much any time he wanted. A hug, perhaps? Nah, that was pretty usual for him as well. He could ask for a bowl of berries every time he sat without a fuss, but that was going to be too expensive for a single car ride.

"Maybe... Perhaps I could have a kiss?" He smiled and his eyes lit up. Yeah, his owner scarcely kissed him, and when she did, it felt wonderful. If he was kissed every time when he obediently sat on the car seat, the feeling would grow onto him, but it would be worth it.

"A kiss?" Mistress chuckled and looked him up and down from the corner of her eye while also focused on the road. "My-my... Where do you wish to be kissed?"

Heather rolled his eyes and leaned closer to her, knowing exactly the place that she could kiss while making him feel like a little tiny pet.

"My forehead." He whispered and closed his eyes, and the next moment his owner chuckled and pressed her lips to his forehead. Sparks fluttered around the area that had been blessed with the divine kiss, making his lips curl up in a smile. That was worth it, it was definitely worth sitting on the car seat.

The next moment the woman pulled away as she drove onto a bigger road with more cars. The pet sat more comfortably in his seat and looked out of the window. That was the advantage of riding like a free, he could look outside at the houses and the people passing by him.

"I'm going to need your help, alright?" Mistress spoke softly, making him frown and turn to her. What was that again? "You know more about slaves than I do. Will you help me identify the slave that will want to participate in our plan?"

The pet raised an eyebrow and leaned against the back of the seat. She wanted his advice on that matter? That was not something he had expected.

"I mean, um... Sure, of-of course." He let out a dry chuckle and turned back to the window, looking at the houses and the people and the other cars. "I'll do my best, really, but I'm not an expert. I might be mistaken."