Chapter 3: Carved In Stone

While Mega Man venture into Block Man's area, the Rainbooms overlooked and help Light repair the lab. Twilight watching Mega Man's progress.

Apple Jack: Mind explaining to us who Block Man is?

Twilight: Glad you ask. Unlike the Robot Masters, Mega Man fought in the past, the Robot Masters here all have been adapted with the Double Gear System wily possesses. Some having the Speed Gear while the other has the Power Gear.

DWN. 081 - Block Man is a small, stout robot created to work on exterior constructions, being able to create blocks one after another. Block Man was designed to specialize in building the outer walls of major projects. He's always secretly dreamed of building a vast structure that recreates the bygone age of pyramids and temples. Ever full of energy, he keeps the robots on his sites working full tilt; the only problem being that he sometimes loses his temper when his laborers can't keep up with him. Block Man often works together with Impact Man, and the two are sometimes seen going to an oil bar to share a drink after a long day of construction. Manufacturer: Nakaume Heavy Machinery

In combat, he uses his Special Weapon, Block Dropper, to form blocks out of thin air above his opponents to try and crush them. When in a pinch, he uses the Power Gear installed by Dr. Wily  to cover his body with blocks and transform into a gigantic robot, increasing his physical strength. This gigantic form has its own life gauge. When his giant form is destroyed, he will move to a corner and constantly throw blocks.

Personality wise Block Man, when he is reprogrammed, is vain, headstrong, thick as a brick, and has "an ego the size of a pyramid." In his usual programming, however, he can be full of energy, although he has a bit of a temper. He secretly dreams of building a vast structure that recreates the bygone age of pyramids and temples. He's friends with Impact Man, and the two are sometimes seen at an oil bar to share a drink. However, Block Man will not take kindly to strangers mocking him in any harsh manner; this is proven in the opening cutscene where Dr. Wily refers to Block Man (along with the rest of the Robot Masters) as a test subject, something the latter strongly finds offensive. According to his in-game bio, Block Man always have his fellow employee robots keep up with major construction projects. However, his temper tends to flare up if any of the worker bots are slacking off and not working hard enough.

~***~

Mega Man ventures deeper into the pyramid. Defeating scores of enemies ranging from the following:

Lyric

Mawaru C

Crunch Don

Air Stone

Metall

Anti-Eddie

and Totemer

Dodging death traps till he reached Block Man.

Block Man: What are you doing here?

Mega Man: Nothing much besides stopping Dr. Wily as usual.

Block Man: Well never thought you'd make it this far.

Mega Man: I mean your base isn't really much besides the constant death traps laying around.

Block Man: Regardless you're just anothr brick in the wall. As such I'll drop you like a ton of bricks!

Block Man tries to bury Mega Man under a ton of blocks. Mega Man dodges and blast the Robot Master with solar bullets.

Block Man: Hrrgh! Hit the bricks!

Block Man continues to throw blocks at Mega Man. Then...

Block Man: Power Gear!

Twilight: [Mega Man, watch out!]

Block Man: YOUR FATE'S CARVED IN STONE!

He shoots up through the ceiling with chunks of stones in the area following in his wake, transforming him into a giant stone golem as he crashes back down to the room.

Block Man "Giant Form": RAAAAH! MRAGH! GROOGH! BREAK!

Mega Man dodges the massive attacks with the Speed Gear, but did little damage to the body.

Block Man "Giant Form": I'LL GET YOU!

Mega Man: (gets punched) Argh!

Block Man "Giant Form": BUMO!

Mega Man: Power Gear!

Mega Man fires a powerful blast which destroys the giant. Block Man is now enraged after his Giant Form was destroyed.

Block Man: NO, NO, NO!

Mega Man: Give up!

Block Man: I don't think so! I won't lose! I WON'T!

Block Man sends wave after wave of blocks.

Block Man: BREAK ALREADY!

Mega Man defeats him.

Block Man: YOU BLOCKHEAD!

Block Man explodes and Mega Man required a new Special Weapon.

~***~

Auto: Looks like Mega beat Block Man. By the way what's Block Dropper?

Twilight: I'm about to get to that.

Block Dropper is Block Man's Special Weapon. When acquired it can spawn four heavy stone blocks in the air that will fall and crush enemies beneath them. If Mega Man uses Block Dropper in tandem with the Power Gear, the weapon will instead spawn sixteen blocks, making for much greater destruction to enemies. Block Dropper gives Mega Man new Head Gear and Arm Gear that alters his physical appearance when equipped, rather than being a color swap seen from previous classic installments. In this case, the Head Gear is a new helmet adorned with bricks, and the Arm Gear covers Mega Man's arm with bricks. Mega Man also becomes turquoise, the same color as Block Man.